CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   what are the ultimate mods for a cbr1000 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/what-ultimate-mods-cbr1000-86348/)

slug bitch 01-21-2009 09:43 AM

what are the ultimate mods for a cbr1000

ok so one question.
what are the mods we should do to make these bikes better.

ie, with my zepyhr 1100, fitting zx7 wheels, and zzr brakes + a few things turned your bike into a handling dream over stock..

mine is a cbr1000FR 1995, linked brake model..k&n,lazer 4into1, h&h brake pads

over to you....

Shadow 01-21-2009 10:18 AM

RE: what are the ultimate mods for a cbr1000

Nitrous if you're a nutter
The motor can be made to run quicker but they are heavy bikes, so any increase will be reduced.
Best option IMO is going up from 41/42 on the rear sprocket, to around 45. Reducing the front sprocket to 16 from 17 also works but some say the diameter reduction can cause chain problems. The difference with either mod is quite startling, so take care.................
BTW it also chews gas ....................

TimBucTwo 01-21-2009 10:39 AM

I am trying to install a blonde on the rear of mine.
I am looking for one that is not to heavy and is somewhat areodynamic.

kaska 01-21-2009 12:28 PM

Well you can also add turbo:)
Of course adding turbo to engine that runs with carbs is a bit difficult, but it's a way to squeeze some kw out from there:)

twhnr4 01-21-2009 07:24 PM

she needs nothing just find empty street look around when u c no cops,pigs,police r anything like that just bust that big bitch past the fat!!!! she s got it! u just have 2 let her lose hard enough

p.s. try n keepher between the ditchs

slug bitch 01-22-2009 03:30 AM

:Dto true, had a race witha tvr tuscan, and a vw passat w8, on our local motorway [m54 wolverhampton to shrewsbury about 35 miles long and plod free..most of the time], these old girls can boogie when they want to [pasat started to fall apart with nuts and bolts coming off [:@]they hurt when they hit you at 150] :D. suprisingly when we all stopped at a junction the banter was good and the tvr man was gutted he couldnt beat us lol.

i think thats what i like about cbr's big comfy and fast.

CBRclassic 01-22-2009 04:02 AM

Yup... I also think that these old girls left stock bloody move ouit if the rider has the guttsy enough right hand to twist the throttle hard and fast enough;)

Moding these old girls for me seems a little like over kill.
but if you really wanted to do anything to them I would go for a good tuned exhaust and better brakes perhaps as starters..;)

slug bitch 01-22-2009 09:52 AM

EXHAUST IM HAPPY WITH, NICE BARK BUT NO TO LOAD, ANY IDEAS ON BRAKES AS MINE ARE THE LINKED TYPE, I ACTUALLY LIKE THEM BUT A BIT MORE STOPPING POWER WOULD BE NICE.

:)soz cap loc on :)

mikekop 01-23-2009 04:25 PM

First of all, it's very important to USE BOTH BRAKE LEVER ON RIGHT HAND & FOOT BRAKE PEDAL when braking with the Dual Combined Brake System. This is the only way to get full braking power. Also, Brembo brake pads get very good grades as an upgrade on stopping power, at least on many other bikes.

slug bitch 01-24-2009 07:50 AM

yea im cool with that and the h&h pads do a damn fine job, was really looking for 'things' that make the bike a little more.....you know lol.
speed aint a problem to many cameras, stopping can always be inproved, handling is proberbly the main point, there not bad stock, but improvements can always be made???
j