CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
New MotoBatt in my 1990 Hurricane
Nice! Just put a new Yuasa gel in mine the day before yesterday.

I took my bike on a charity run today with some friends. I'm not a fan of group rides but I love love love the owner of the bar who sponsored it (she's a hardcore Honda rider!). I wound up riding with two good friends (both Honda techs), one of their neighbors, and another dude we'd just met. The rest of the group was made up of HDs so we kinda set off on our own. My two buddies ride choppers: one a HD Shovel hardtail w/ foot clutch and jockey shift and the other a 71 Triumph that was chopped back in the '70s. Both are ridden all the time and get massive cool points everywhere. Another guy had an insane drag strip-built Yamaha Warrior and the last dude had a early '80s cb750. I'm sure we looked a bit mis-matched but it was great fun.

It certainly made me appreciate my old Honda though. I had the cheapest, most reliable, fastest and I would say most comfortable bike of the group and it performed flawlessly and liquid smooth all day long. The guy with the Warrior claimed to have over $25k in his bike and as amazingly cool (and LOUD) as it was I just couldn't see it being 25 times better than mine. We took a couple jumps off the line and I could have completely walloped him. That thing would burn up the rear tire and swing all over the place while the Honda just shot off straight and quiet like nothing! That was the fun though, we all had fun even though we all had crazy different bikes. I wish I had snapped some pics but I was enjoying the ride too much to care

Old 09-29-2013, 08:57 PM

replaced this hastily installed yoshimuri (sp) exhaust off, it wasnt sealed anywhere exhaust leaks like crazyName:  IMAG1202.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  31.1 KB
and replaced it with the Vance and Hines off the non running bike. I also found another Vance and Hines to replace it for 75 bucks on ebay. Sounds and runs so much better, could use a repack, bikebandit has them cheap.
Name:  IMAG1251.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  36.7 KB
(brown saddle is going back on the green bike, just really like the corbin more than the rewrapped stock seat.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good - changed the seat eh ? not a bad idea putting it back

Ya could recover it though ! Just saying

Old 09-30-2013, 02:39 PM

Nah that color looks great with the custom paint on the other bike, on the hunt for another Corbin seat. Either black or black and grey.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 PM

Name:  IMAG1264.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  26.7 KB
Look what I picked up today! Thinking the wife and I will take it on ourselves instead of taking it to shop.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find Mr Niceguy

Old 10-02-2013, 04:25 AM
Banned

I've been toying with the idea of jazzing the dash up a bit and decided to get some decals. Jack from motorbike decals stickers for Honda motorbikes, Yamaha motorbikes and all other makes of motorcycle needing decals or stickers never lets me down. I put them on this afternoon and I thought they came up well.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-mini-dash.jpg  
Old 10-02-2013, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bordo
I've been toying with the idea of jazzing the dash up a bit and decided to get some decals. Jack from motorbike decals stickers for Honda motorbikes, Yamaha motorbikes and all other makes of motorcycle needing decals or stickers never lets me down. I put them on this afternoon and I thought they came up well.
Nice! Thanks for the link to the decals, I'll need to order some for the spring.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:47 AM
Banned

I pulled the rear wheel off and did some cleaning etc. A new rear rotor and thorough cleaning of the wheel and the brake caliper holding bracket with a bi- carb soda blasting did the trick. Motul Wheel cleaner is the absolute chit when it come to cleaning wheel. Best stuff I've used for that application.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-mini-rear-wheel-1.jpg   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-mini-rear-wheel-2.jpg   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-mini-brake-bracket.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bordo
I pulled the rear wheel off and did some cleaning etc. A new rear rotor and thorough cleaning of the wheel and the brake caliper holding bracket with a bi- carb soda blasting did the trick. Motul Wheel cleaner is the absolute chit when it come to cleaning wheel. Best stuff I've used for that application.
Gee Bordo, with cleanliness like that, you're going to give Naga_Thai a run for his money!

Looks clean enough to lick!

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?