CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet
Jep, wish mine was so shiney and calling in whisper: " Pleaaaase , pleaseee have a sit, I know you want to. I KNOW, YOu dooo sooooo mutch! Pleeaseee "

did I really just said that

You're entirely correct Missy, 26 years old and only 35 000km. I'm sure sometimes I hear her calling to me from the garage.

And then of course, there's those other days that she just says "No, don't want to play today".

Fortunately, after about twelve years of retirement, she is slowly getting back into a working life again.

Thanks to the guys around here I have learned a lot about how to coax an old bike back to life.
And of course the more she gets used, the easier it is.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:49 AM

She is one Beauty for sure!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 AM

My Bonnie Lass has 118 tkm on her, but she still purrs like a smittn. And also thanks to lovely people here We are in mutch better hands than we can imagine. Last summer she got also a compliment, some youngster came up to me in a street (21 yr who claimed to ride suzuki 600 sth, I had late coffee with my bff in a park), he noticed my bike further and said that its the prettiest thing he has ever seen, and said he would choose her over any women Offcourse he didnt even know what bike is he dealing with and guessed my now 23 yrs old gal to be only max 7 I thought she looked a lil tired but seems that for non knowled pips she is one fighter And for me, she has rocked my world since last match I got her, Even now alltough shes really naked and odd looking in the corner, every morning at 6 am when I light up my working place she pays me a compliment and makes me blush

Love her soo mutch

Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 AM

*perks*
Naked??!!

Ooooops. My dirty mind kicked in.. Shame!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:39 AM

My original seat has started cracking at the corners, I thought about putting the original blue one back on and shipping the black one to the upholsterer but decided to get a fitted replacement from eBay instead.
Ill post pics when I get it redone

Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Banned

I bought a fitted replacement from Ebay Ranchome out of Canada. Got an upholsterer friend to fit it for me. It fitted perfectly. I'd certainly buy another one from them if I needed one.

I also scored a brand new rear tyre today for half price. Now that I'm fitting them myself its a cheaper prospect than the stealer. Its a PR2 as well so that's even better.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by ranchome
*perks*
Naked??!!

Ooooops. My dirty mind kicked in.. Shame!!!
Lmao

Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 AM

I ordered last week a used rear fairing and left front blinker. Said in the add that rear part has minor scraches and blinker in good condition. Received them yesterday, Rear part has a huge crack in attachment place (only difference is that it has attachments/ I dont
And in the blinker there was a hole in the glass... he offered me very small discount so I m sending them back today.. Me sooo saaaad

Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 AM

And I just have to share my huge frustration on top previous.

As u now I am fixing and sanding my fairings and I met my biggest enemy!
I finished one side fairing ( it is now ready to be primed) Jaay me,
Took one of the belly fairings, OMG, There is no protection cover on it,
and sanding seems extremley hopeless, So I assumed its some sort of spray can color. Took my nitro solvent and nothing, even that didnt take the color of after soaking it ferraly, So had to return to sanding... And there went my sanding supplies, Going to shop today to get some extra. Who invented that color??

Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-18 celsius out there in my garage checked anti freeze - just to make sure my babies
were all staying unfrozen ---- brought all the batteries into the house

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?