CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:57 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one of these Motobatts for my 89 when I needed one down at Phillip Island a couple months back. They are a sealed battery and spin that motor up no problem. The guy that sold it to me said it will last 10 years at least. I've got another one coming for the 92 this week. Cheaper on Ebay though. I got ripped off down at Phillip Island, but when your at the mercy of the people selling them there your gonna pay big bucks.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-motobatt.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bordo
I got one of these Motobatts for my 89 when I needed one down at Phillip Island a couple months back. They are a sealed battery and spin that motor up no problem. The guy that sold it to me said it will last 10 years at least. I've got another one coming for the 92 this week. Cheaper on Ebay though. I got ripped off down at Phillip Island, but when your at the mercy of the people selling them there your gonna pay big bucks.
They are indeed great batteries Geoff , have one in my 90 and another on
order for my 93

Old 11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Changed oil an all bikes and topped off the tanks for winter storage.

Almost dropped the 1kF again. While trying to put her up on the center stand with my back to the wall, she almost went over.

Two days ago while putting her up on the center stand in a different spot, the right side leg went thru the garage floor and she tipped over onto the Stratoliner. I held her from falling but there was some minimal contact.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM

just put mine up in the back of the garage for winter. in a couple weeks ill put it up on stands (asked for them for christmas ) and start the tear down. i would love to repaint it another color. i also have plans to do a nice custom, shorty exhaust and to attempt lowering the bike a good amount. i know you guys don't approve of the lowering thing to throw off the handling...but this bertha wasnt meant to be my corner carving bike and it'll continue being my cruiser. also might attempt a projector retrofit, but im not so sure considering the headlight lens has that checkered etching on the inside...we'll see.

BTW, hi guys.

Last edited by Bio248; 11-30-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Banned

Replaced the coolant in the 92 and have started removing the old scratched decals on the side fairings ready for some new ones. Still waiting on some bits and pieces to arrive like screen, grips, bar ends etc. Just chipping away at her at the moment as I am moving house soon and need the money I would've spent on her for the move.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:28 AM

new motobatt and r/r for the 1993....... getting prepped for a big run in the spring
E41's + E55 luggage on the way ....thanks Nick

Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Registered Users

On Saturday I loaded the tank up with Seafoam. Then of course I had to take it for a spin to get the stuff into the carburators...or something like that. The battery, having sat in my garage at 40F for a month now, was good for a solid minute of cranking but alas it was too slow so I had to jumpstart it. Pretty sure I will need a new one in the spring.

I bundled up in the long johns and an extra layer on top too, and did 25 miles around town. 31F was the high temp for the day so my nose was running a little bit. Totally worth it though. The engine still sings so sweetly to 10.5K. Hopefully only 4 months until I can hear it again.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Motobatt for my 93 arrived -- ebay 60 smackers ---- she's a charging atm and going into the 93 with a new R/R
tomorrow

Old 12-09-2011, 08:21 PM

Faffing about with valve clearances, getting bruised knuckles, bent the feeler gauge being clumsy. One of rocker arms is knaffed so will need to come out............bugger. Was hoping to get it sorted for a long ride to work tomorrow morning. The joys of an ole bike eh.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by Ruaphu
Faffing about with valve clearances, getting bruised knuckles, bent the feeler gauge being clumsy. One of rocker arms is knaffed so will need to come out............bugger. Was hoping to get it sorted for a long ride to work tomorrow morning. The joys of an ole bike eh.
What's happened to the rocker arm Ru? Apart from wear I can't think of much else that could happen.
Your observation/experience could help us.

I'm just about to undertake some pretty heavy overhauling of the old girl.
Top end rebuild- swapping the barrels, head and pistons from my spare engine which has only done 32K miles. The head to be completely rebuilt and polished up in all the right places.
New header pipes
Rear shock and linkage overhaul
Pick up my second set of wheels from the paint shop and get a new set of rubber fitted
Fix up a few other little bits and pieces along the way and have her ready to pass the 100K miles mark just after Christmas.

I suffered a flat rear tyre at speed the other night coming over a long, high wind battered bridge. How I kept her upright I still can't work out.

Anyway, I've got a week off work. Deep joy!!!

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?