CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

well it finally happened

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well it finally happened

i had my first major wreck in over twenty years. leaving my house and someone ran a stop sign and pulled out in front of me. emergency braking trying to avoid the car and the bike went down on the right side hard and fast enough to shatter the bone just below the knee. this happened two weeks ago today and i'm just now back home. longest sunday cruise ever wife took a few pics of the bike in the road before the officer said "we should stand the bike up before it really starts messing things up" gotta love a fellow biker at times like that. he even helped her push it the three blocks back to the garage so the tow company wouldn't damage it even more.

still on some meds so this may ramble a little and a cast on one hand so more typos than usual.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:02 PM

oh dude......

Never a good thing to hear..
glad you out of the sick bay and home.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:27 PM

i need to publically give kudos to my wife. she has never really understood my love of cyclimg and always stated she didn't understand why i would want to ride "on the outside" when i layed the bike down and it was sliding beside me the first thing in my minds a i saw the mirror roll seperatly by was "I just replaced that". i shared that with my wife and she said something i never would have expected "we can replace it again." i dont know if the damage to the plastics is repairable or worth it at this point but she is supportive either way. i belive that on top of everything else makes her the best friend/wife i have ever known.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Your wife ROCKS!!! :ico n_flowers:

When the meds have worn off, (don't rush that bit) and you've got your body back into working order, we'll have to have a group think about how to get you repaired.

Glad you're OK though. We have to live in constant fear of idiots. They're everywhere, unfortunately.

Get well soon.

H

Old 11-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a tough one man genuinely sorry to hear what happened but happy to hear you
are back home and mending good I hope. You have one great Lady taking care of you
by the sounds of it. Anything we can do to help with the bike etc ,finding fairings and
parts etc. just post up.

Get better soon man.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:58 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you mend soon, sounds like a nasty break.

Your wife is one in a million!!

Pictures of the damage as soon as you feel up to it and we can help find parts.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear of your accident, but extremely happy you are still here to tell us about it.

Mend quickly.

And yes, your Wife sounds wonderful. Not to berate you but to support and indicate that it can all be mended is a good thing.

Cheers, SB

Old 11-18-2013, 03:39 AM
Welcome Crew

really sorry to hear about your spill, and you have a top wife, glad your back home

Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident, I just got in one myself last week, went sliding down the road at about 40 MPH. Someone turned left in front of me from a parking lot. I locked the front up, but managed to barely miss the car. I had a similar thought process when I saw my motorcycle sliding next to me. "I just painted those bar ends and those sparks look pretty cool."

I got luckier than you, nothing broke on me, just the left crankcase cover on the bike. I bruised my knee and that's about it. Leather jacket paid for itself that night. Funny thing is I got in another accident 6 months ago 100 feet up the road. Illegal U-turn that time.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sux! So sorry to hear you went down. Glad to hear you are mending well. Go slow & recover fully before your iche pushes you back on 2 wheels. The bike will wait. Your wife is going to be your favorite part of the recovery period, use her. She sounds very cool. Now get off the forum & tell her you need a sponge bath. , every day. Hehe!!! That is great meds right there. It gives you something to look forward to each day.

Get well soon man!!!

Quick Reply: well it finally happened