CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Wanted 1000F in Australia

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanted 1000F in Australia

Noice mate! Hey you better tell our international friends that koala's are prone to sexual transmitted diseases...wierd but true....

Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just in case........................
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:B:SS:GB:1123

Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 PM

Geez Shadow, that 92 model likes like a deal.

Hey otr002, what year was your previous CBR?
Are you planning on selling off any parts?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:23 PM

Geez, I'm not sure how much is 5,000 AUS USD againts american USD, but to me this is quote a pricey bike, by your description sounds that its in very good cheap but the one Pete found does sound more in line price wise...my 2 c's

Anyway you will get an awsome bike

Old 01-16-2009, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Luis CBR1000F

Geez, I'm not sure how much is 5,000 AUS USD againts american USD, but to me this is quote a pricey bike, by your description sounds that its in very good cheap but the one Pete found does sound more in line price wise...my 2 c's

Anyway you will get an awsome bike
Well they don't call it The South Sea Peso for nothing.

Seriously, the exchange rate to USD was almost 1:1 for about 2 days, thenthe Aussie Peso fell back to about 65c American in a few weeks. I think we are in the 75c region @ present , haven't looked lately, it's to depressing.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:14 AM

Sorry for the late replies. Been away, the bike works out to be around $3300 USD.
As we in Aus didn't get many of these bikes and they were expensive, the good ones are not that common, I have all the history and receipts for this bike and it was brought new in mid 98.
the CBR1000f made way for the XX and many buyers were waiting for the XX to come out in 99 so held off buying till then. You can't compare prices with the USA as they sold 100000000000000 more (slight exaggeration) and the market is flooded with good bikes.
I have been restoring late 60's Jap bikes for some time and can buy parts etc from the states "delivered" far cheeper than in Aust, we just don't have that many bikes and with such a small population, just think that the entire population of Australia is "JUST" larger than the population of New York!!! but we have a land mass that is "Just" 23% smaller than the USA!! every thing here is expencive compared to the USA.

My beautiful 1992 "Red/Black" is no more and the insurance company wanted $1500 for the wreck! so i didn't buy it back...so boink1079 and others, no parts to be had, very sorry....[&o][&o][&o][&o]

I'm flying down to Canberra to pick the Thou up and will ride her home to Brisbane, 1277 Km's about two days ride but i've given myself three day if i need it. So Wed in Canberra leave around 1:00 and go the Bathurst-mudgee-Armidale way and get back to Brisbane Friday'ish...looking forward to a nice relaxing (fast) ride....

Rod

Old 01-18-2009, 10:31 PM

No worries mate.

I can see $1500 being a bit expensive for a trashed CBR, if indeed it was. But I don't think you would have to do much damage to write one off these days either, cost of replacement fairings etc.

Hope your new mount serves you well for years to come.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:58 AM

Yep not hard to do, every panel was ether scratched or cracked and the engine case was cracked. To much to fix and only good for parts
Both the laser pro-stock mufflers were dented and heavily scratched, even the tank had dents in both sides!!. I was up that way this week and my Wife and i paid our last respects to the old girl, collected up all the broken bits of plastic and took them home for burial (wheelie bin).
Rod

Old 01-23-2009, 04:33 AM

Well gents went down to Canberra on Wed and picked up the bike. The condition was as described with a few added small stone chips, Rode for about 1 hour before removing the after-maket heated grips and refitting the original Honda grips AND the end weights, which the PO had removed because of the heated grips, I have no idea how he rode like that, man was the vibration on the right hand side woeful!
He had also moded the seat padding to sit him higher, in theory taking pressure of the hips!!!![:@] all this did was force you forward and place more pressure on your lower back and HIPS.

My hips never hurt and my lower back lasts at least 4+ hours before complaining, on this seat i had to stop every 1.5 hr's. the seat is going a great local bloke who works magic for reshaping to suit my butt! In all the bike preformed faultless and i got 18lt to 300k's at around 120Kph, so the first big trip 1350K's done and more to come.

Got home 8:00pm (Qld time) Thursday, as it rained all the way!! I had two hours of hot windy weather out of Canberra and then rain and more rain, Stoped in Mudgee overnight and left the next morning at 8:30 (NSW time), The road was fine all the way but just got wetter the further north I went, as the forecast was for more rain I just kept riding! Trucks, rain and water on the road then reduced visibility for the last 2 hours, which made the trip VERY interesting.
Rod

Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: otr002

Well gents went down to Canberra on Wed and picked up the bike. The condition was as described with a few added small stone chips, Rode for about 1 hour before removing the after-maket heated grips and refitting the original Honda grips AND the end weights, which the PO had removed because of the heated grips, I have no idea how he rode like that, man was the vibration on the right hand side woeful!
He had also moded the seat padding to sit him higher, in theory taking pressure of the hips!!!![:@] all this did was force you forward and place more pressure on your lower back and HIPS.

My hips never hurt and my lower back lasts at least 4+ hours before complaining, on this seat i had to stop every 1.5 hr's. the seat is going a great local bloke who works magic for reshaping to suit my butt! In all the bike preformed faultless and i got 18lt to 300k's at around 120Kph, so the first big trip 1350K's done and more to come.

Got home 8:00pm (Qld time) Thursday, as it rained all the way!! I had two hours of hot windy weather out of Canberra and then rain and more rain, Stoped in Mudgee overnight and left the next morning at 8:30 (NSW time), The road was fine all the way but just got wetter the further north I went, as the forecast was for more rain I just kept riding! Trucks, rain and water on the road then reduced visibility for the last 2 hours, which made the trip VERY interesting.
Rod
Well done mate , sounds like the trip turned into a bit of an ordeal , but great that the bike performed as it should . Nothing worse than getting a nasty little surprise on the way home[:@] . Now your home you can enjoy life with your new ride

Quick Reply: Wanted 1000F in Australia