CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   VFR750 bars to 1000f-j (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/vfr750-bars-1000f-j-139962/)

steve.zodiac 07-06-2012 04:26 AM

VFR750 bars to 1000f-j

Hi Folks

I believe the bars from mid-90's VFR750s fit 1000f-j 41mm forks, can someone please confirm this before I bid on these bars, CLICK HERE

Cheers, Steve

CBR1988 07-06-2012 04:37 AM

VFR bars

Hey:

Yes, they will work just make sure you get 2 (R&L) from the same year as the early 90-94 and late 94-97 may have slightly different angles to them depending what market they came from. 94 was a change over year so unless both come from the same bike ask ?s about them. Good luck on your bidding.

Dub

steve.zodiac 07-06-2012 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by CBR1988 (Post 1174887)
Hey:

Yes, they will work just make sure you get 2 (R&L) from the same year as the early 90-94 and late 94-97 may have slightly different angles to them depending what market they came from. 94 was a change over year so unless both come from the same bike ask ?s about them. Good luck on your bidding.

Dub

Thanks Dub, yes they are a pair, just listed separately I'll give them a shot.

Cheers, Steve

Sprock 07-06-2012 07:42 AM

Bar ends for them - you'll need to mod !

steve.zodiac 07-06-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock (Post 1174901)
Bar ends for them - you'll need to mod !

Thank Sprock, I may have some barends I bought a few years ago that might fit.

Cheers Steve

CBR1988 07-06-2012 09:33 AM

Hey:

You can just remove the ones from the 89 and install if they are missing or use the vfr inners with a heavy aftermarket end, or fill the VFR bars completely except for 1" to the end, with black silicone seal and add aftermarket lightweight ones to help dampen them all 3 will work and is a matter of how tolerant/sensitive you are of the vibrations to which is your preference. If you can find a 84-86 VF1000R they are 41mm too and are adj as well. They can be made taller as well with aftermarket risers that were made for them and come up on ebay every now and then and fit without needing new cables. To me are a way better choice if you can find them for around the same price but are harder to come across.

Also Sprock has some adj dan moto ones that were not to bad priced, but I do not know how he feels about them. I do not think the VFR ones are all that, but the 87-89 single headlight bikes angle is also the most racer like of all the CBR1000Fs, so the VFRs would be a little better than staying stock, just MHO being that pricing is fair.

Dub

tomttt 07-06-2012 03:51 PM

my $.02,
I bought a pair from ebay last year, with bar ends. Don't remember what year but 41mm and have worked fine.
Points i wanted to make; my vfrs are solid, not hollow like the cbr and no vibration damp., also the bar end mount bolt is much larger on the vfrs (mine anyway) and remember u have to drill your indexing points for the switches. Good luck, have enjoyed mine(still wish they were taller, lol)

steve.zodiac 07-06-2012 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by tomttt (Post 1175012)
my $.02,
I bought a pair from ebay last year, with bar ends. Don't remember what year but 41mm and have worked fine.
Points i wanted to make; my vfrs are solid, not hollow like the cbr and no vibration damp., also the bar end mount bolt is much larger on the vfrs (mine anyway) and remember u have to drill your indexing points for the switches. Good luck, have enjoyed mine(still wish they were taller, lol)

Thanks folks, all comments much appreciated, yep the bars I've bought are solid, (thanks tomtt), no probs drilling the bars, got them off Fleabay for £31 including postage, bargain for what some folk put them on for.

Cheers, Steve :icon_razz:

PS, picking my re-profiled seat up next week, CBR logo across the pillion in white, photos to follow.......

Sprock 07-08-2012 09:14 AM

Yeah my vfr bars when I had them were solid flat ends with larger bolt holes

You can grind your existing bar weights flat and drill out as I did back then.

As for the Dan Moto - they can be made to work - but that alum they are made
with is wicked soft ! - would I recommend - kinda but with certain reservations
as you have to replace all tapped bolt hardware with pass through longer bolts
and locknuts - for safety sake they are cheap and for a reason.

steve.zodiac 07-08-2012 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock (Post 1175331)
Yeah my vfr bars when I had them were solid flat ends with larger bolt holes

You can grind your existing bar weights flat and drill out as I did back then.

As for the Dan Moto - they can be made to work - but that alum they are made
with is wicked soft ! - would I recommend - kinda but with certain reservations
as you have to replace all tapped bolt hardware with pass through longer bolts
and locknuts - for safety sake they are cheap and for a reason.

Thanks Sprock, advice much appreciated.

Cheers, Steve