CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Very Custom CBR

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Custom CBR

Hey guys, thought I'd finally post some pics of my finished bike. I want to thank you guys for what help you provided. I especially want to that trippledigits for the great deal on the motor. Well really I just want you guys to go to the website and vote for my bike, so I can show it in the autorama. Any votes would be appreciated. Here's the website: http://www.kber.com/Article.asp?id=5...amp;spid=22375

And here are some pictures
Name:  IMG_1616.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1686.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  75.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1595.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  62.1 KB

Old 02-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Default RE: Very Custom CBR

Vote in, and well deserved. That is VERY NICE. Looks fun to ride, too.

Where are the umbrella girls??

Good luck.
Patrick

Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW.........very nice, my vote's in.......makes the others look like wimps.......
Looks a bit like a Buell, on steroids......he he Surely fun to ride, just don't fall with all those sharp edges....
LOVE the instrumentation. A great job.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 PM

+1

Veeery impressive!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 PM

Please, tell us more about how you managed to build such a nice bike. Is that fuel tank new or you molded something on top of the original? How did you make that LED tail light? what you did to the swingarm? More details and pics please!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:41 PM

Hey thanks guys. You can see the build progress at my photobucket account:http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...popsicle/Bike/
If you look closely you'll notice the trademark teardrop shape around the fuel cap. The very top, front, and some of the underside are all thats left of the original 1000F tank. The LED tail light was a pain. Well everything was a pain. I welded in a piece of "U" shaped aluminum channel, and spent hours sanding it till it was seamless. Then I drilled the holes. I wired all the LEDS in series, then glued them in. Then wired them to two different resistors (for running lights and brake), and wired them into the stock connector. That little tail also houses the spark computer and turn flasher. The swingarm is the original with a brace that I built onto it. It worked great till I put the chain on I had to make a notch in the brace. Then I made and aluminum plate to cover the notch, which I riveted on because the swingarm was already painted. I really just made the brace so I would have something to attach the fender to.
I don't have any plans to ride it. Even with lots of insurance I'm too nervous. I'll probably end up selling it to pay for the next project bike.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be keen to make up an instrument pod for a voltmeter and oil temp gauge, like the one you've built........any details would be helpful. Once again, brilliant job, and you should ride it at least once.......

Old 02-22-2008, 11:55 PM

very nice bike. As Shadow 1 has mentioned you must at least ride it once. it would be a waste if you didn't. Nice bike and a great imagination in creation something that you love most. great job

Old 02-23-2008, 12:22 AM

Loving every detail about the bike and thanks a ton for the photobucket with your step by step. Was cool to watch how it evolved. Id love to hear an audio clip of that exhaust. Also what is the weight on the bike now? Any major difference?

Old 02-23-2008, 12:39 AM

You have had to stuck a lot of cash into that..but mn it looks like its a new model forsure, congrat on finishing such a great looking bike. take it for at least a few spins man, you built a project you must finish the project...by riding itaroun a bit.

Quick Reply: Very Custom CBR