CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Updating appearance of 1993CBR1000F

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having both the 1000F and the Blackbird I find the 1000F chits all over the BB for comfort. I have to use an Airhawk on the BB for my sore a$$. No such trouble with the 1000F. I can ride her all day and get off fine without feeling sore etc. Can't understand why you want to tear her up and change this and that. I reckon they look great as they are and think that Mr Honda got it right with this bike. But as I always say....each to their own. Enjoy her anyway.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Well I held off on replying to threads so I could take all these comments in and answer in the best way I can without rubbing some feathers.

Okay
1: Not wrong bike..right bike for the right price. Paid 2k bike has 16k on it well maintained.
2.) Mr. Honda would not be upset for modifying it as that's what being creative is about and I believe what he is about. I am not looking to wreck a bike simply set it apart from the 1 mil other in production. If I bought a 2011 bike I would still look to tweak and customize. That's just my style?

I think the term "modern" was the wrong choice. I love the general design of this bike. The one thing I am looking to modify is I do like a clean rear look. Another words yes on the more recent designs the rear tire is exposed more by the rear being lifted up a bit higher.

I am simply looking to add clearance between the rear panels and the tire. Opening up that space to create a more aggressive look.

Maybe that helps to explain what I am trying to do here a bit more?

I respect all those who want the bike to remain vintage however we should all love all ideas as long as we have a common love for the CBR?

At least that's my thoughts.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by cbraddicted
Well I held off on replying to threads so I could take all these comments in and answer in the best way I can without rubbing some feathers.

Okay
1: Not wrong bike..right bike for the right price. Paid 2k bike has 16k on it well maintained.
2.) Mr. Honda would not be upset for modifying it as that's what being creative is about and I believe what he is about. I am not looking to wreck a bike simply set it apart from the 1 mil other in production. If I bought a 2011 bike I would still look to tweak and customize. That's just my style?

I think the term "modern" was the wrong choice. I love the general design of this bike. The one thing I am looking to modify is I do like a clean rear look. Another words yes on the more recent designs the rear tire is exposed more by the rear being lifted up a bit higher.

I am simply looking to add clearance between the rear panels and the tire. Opening up that space to create a more aggressive look.

Maybe that helps to explain what I am trying to do here a bit more?

I respect all those who want the bike to remain vintage however we should all love all ideas as long as we have a common love for the CBR?

At least that's my thoughts.
The only thing I know for a fact that I would like to do with mine is modify the turn signals so they do not stick so far out.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand wanting to "customize" your bike. I'd probably go with exhaust, rim tape, paint, screen, remove decals, etc. (stuff like that)
However, the seat and riding position is one of the best things about this bike (ride all day!)
To me, it's like buying a nice older cadillac and cutting it in half to make cavalier. I don't think it's as much about keeping it "vintage" as it is keeping it functional. If my 1000F had a modern tail and an RR seat on it, I wouldn't own it. If I'm gonna be uncomfortable, I'm gonna be pushing a 200hp superbike.

Now if you just want to add a little space between the tire and undertail.... hmm.... I suppose you'd have to fab all that. I don't know of any aftermarket tails for this bike.

At the end of the day, though, it's your bike. Do what you want with it and have fun! However, I've been on here for quite a while and I've never seen a modified tail except on a fighter, and there haven't been many.

Oh, and don't worry about upsetting us too bad.... we're pretty tough. (At least I am... )

Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I know for a fact that I would like to do with mine is modify the turn signals so they do not stick so far out.
Yep, I think that's a good one. They would look cool integrated or at least chopped back a bit.....

Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Raising the rear "to give it a more aggressive look"
Hmmmmmm..................what that'll also do, is make your steering response quite "nervous", ie it'll turn very fast.......Not good for the wrists either, but they are your wrists. Is this about looks, or improving the handling ? Sometimes one will suffer as a result of the other.
Chopping off the bottom of the rear mudguard under the licence plate will improve the "visibility" of the rear tyre.

There was a member who put an F4i (I think) rear end on his bike, to give it a "modern" look - worked out very well, EXCEPT it was as comfortable to ride as a hedgehog. It also necessitated cutting off the whole rear end and welding up a frame to take the new tail section. Then it looked like a wide F4i, but it's your bike, do what you want to.

But don't say we didn't warn you that your butt will be broken after 150 miles...................
I regularly do 400 miles a day on my bike, and can walk fine after it, and I'm an OP......
How's this ? http://www.bikeexif.com/

I would like to do with mine is modify the turn signals so they do not stick so far out.
If you fit the tail light used on the bikes marketed in Mexico, they had turn signals built in, so may work for you........
Where's LUIS ? Ola compadre, we need pics of your "pretty one"

Attached Thumbnails Updating appearance of 1993CBR1000F-luis-mexican.jpg   Updating appearance of 1993CBR1000F-cbr3medium.jpg  

Last edited by Shadow; 04-28-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by cbraddicted
i am planning on doing this as well. i was going to either modify the rear tail light so it had a couple extra bulbs for the turn signals or i was going to buy smaller LED lights and mount them to the side of the rear fairing. after that id trim off the lower pieces so that it would all be hidden by the rear fairing. this would also make me have to move the plate, which i was going to fab up a mount and put it on the left hand side exhaust hanger since i no longer have an exhaust there to get in the way.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bio248
i am planning on doing this as well. i was going to either modify the rear tail light so it had a couple extra bulbs for the turn signals or i was going to buy smaller LED lights and mount them to the side of the rear fairing. after that id trim off the lower pieces so that it would all be hidden by the rear fairing. this would also make me have to move the plate, which i was going to fab up a mount and put it on the left hand side exhaust hanger since i no longer have an exhaust there to get in the way.

All this is done to my 88 cbr1000f see if I can post some pics for you guys

Old 04-28-2010, 11:51 AM

yeah, post some up. id like to see it.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Talking about customising our beloved CBR 1000f i found this on google images. Not my cup of tea but hey ho.
p.s. there is PLENTY of space between the rear tyre & seat.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...eetfighter.htm

Quick Reply: Updating appearance of 1993CBR1000F