Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbos are possible!

Its ugly, but I bet its fast.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-CBR-100...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Turbos are possible!

The intercooler is nice -- will give ya some extra ponies over water injection. It is ugly though

Old 04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
jim
Default MORE POWER

I wonder if anyone here would know of a good turbo for sale? Are Turbo's awkward to fit, I would love to out sprint a GSX13000R .... hmmmm Turbos I Want one!

Has anybody here fitted or used a bike with a Turbo ?

Old 04-21-2006, 10:27 PM

To Jim,

To Jim,
I too would love to smoke the ZX14's and the GSX1300R's! The only chance I've got now is someone inexperienced at the quarter mile. I've looked everywhere, no one has bolt on TURBOs for Hurricane 1000F, you must customize.
I've been talking to a company in Vancouver, Canada that will build and install TURBOs for this bike.
I've seen lots of their work and they do a wicked job! FUTURE CYCLE HOUSE OF SPEED, talk to Doug.
The boost will be 2-15 Lbs and horse power will be 10-100. Totally adjustable depending on how fast you want to go.
I'm waiting to put in a wiseco stage one engine kit and then $5000 Canadian for the TURBO - installed.

Try changing the sprockets and the chain so you use all 6 gears in the quarter mile, around a 15-20 mph decrease in top end depending on your weight. You won't believe how much it changes the ride with that little amount of cash. The bike as stock was tame, now that I changed my sprockets, it wakened the resting giant! I can't believe I waited 14 years to change them! Now it's psycho-insane!

Old 04-22-2006, 04:56 AM

For the Money, you could buy the Hayabusa or the New ZX14

Old 04-25-2006, 12:08 PM
jim

Hi 1000F

I will take your advice and this weekend the smaller sprocket will be added I might have to wait until October before I have enough cash for the Turbo though, I to have also looked into getting new carbs and Air filter.

MarkR, I agree with you that a ZX14 or GSX1300R could be purchased for the same price but that means I would have a turb'od Hayabusa and I fancy something different from the crowd, I also like the Idea of a Wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Would anyone know if the rear swing arm needs replacing with a stronger version if the bhp go's up?

Keep Safe

Jim

Old 04-25-2006, 10:44 PM

hello jim

waiting sucks but it will be worth it.
42 mm carbs are a big boost too and dumping the air box
and adding K+n filters will add to the need for speed.(38 mm is stock)
i agree on your markr coment sleeper all the way.
i would not change swingarm eccept to add 5.5 inch rim or an extension to move center af gravity fwd
also no need for wheely bar and its street legal

enjoy

post me when you get new sprocket on let me know how you like it

Old 04-26-2006, 02:12 AM

you know.. i think if i put my mind to it i'd be able to fit a turbo onto it.. especially if you aren't looking for high boost and this would mean you could get away with maybe 5 PSI without an intercooler... water injection or something like that maybe you could go with a higher boost.. not sure though on that

one problem I can see is that you'd have to be able to fool the ECU and have it retard the timing somehow

1000F, have you thought of Nitrous?.. if you went with a 25HP shot to start with. you'd be surprised at the differance it can make! nitrous adds torque.. the lower your rpm's are, the more torque it adds (it's 25 HP regardless of the rpm)

I'd like to know how that sprocket works as well