CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Time To Say Goodbye (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/time-say-goodbye-157078/)

Chippy211 02-04-2018 03:10 AM

Time To Say Goodbye

Hi all,

Not been on here for ages but that is due to the fact I have given, yes given my CBR 1000F to my brother in law.

I am now the proud owner of an Aprilia Tuono 1000R twin and decided the Honda needed a good home.

It has been a pleasure to talk to you all and I have learnt a lot.

Ride safely guys and enjoy your bikes like they should be.

Sebastionbear1 02-04-2018 03:20 AM

Nice Chippy, Now, just 'cause you are an uppity Tuono (nice choice BTW) owner, you don't have to just disappear. Feel free to drop in anytime.

Ride safe. A mate had a Tuono and had difficulty in keeping the front wheel down :D

Cheers, SB

Chippy211 02-05-2018 02:59 AM

Hi Seb,

I know what your mate means, I have already needed a new rear tyre on the bike but the front looks brand new!!

It is a totally different riding experience and you have to reset your brain when you ride it.

I miss the CBR but it has gone to a good home and I can see it when ever I see my sister.

TimBucTwo 02-05-2018 05:24 PM

Hey chippy, remember when on the Tuono, 1 maybe 2 fingers on the front lever but never 3.
Stop by from time to time. You're still a brother.

hamlin6 02-05-2018 06:37 PM

Congrats on the new bike. Don't feel like you have to go, you will have a whole new perspective to offer.

jarvid 02-05-2018 09:18 PM

Sick of riding, rather spin spanners instead of tyres eh....at least you can borrow the brother in laws bike while you fix yours.

Just kidding, hope you have many trouble free k's on your new ride, keep us informed how you go with it as I am interested in it's more upright ridding position than the RSV.
Did you go for the naked version for that reason instead of the RSV?

Chippy211 02-06-2018 03:05 AM

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll pop in every now and then to see how you are all doing.

A quick update for you all and especially Jarvid.

I took one of the first RSV's in the UK out for a test ride and after about 10 miles realized I wouldn't have a licence within a week and I would suffer with a bad back for hours after riding it.

I left it for some time until I saw a Tuono at the local bike shop. Took it out for a test ride and realized I still might not have a licence after a week but at least I would be able to walk.

So far I have done several 300+ mile trips on the bike, 2 of them when it rained from start to finish and not had any problems with the bike or any pains in the body.

These are awesome bikes with a totally different power delivery to the old CBR and you certainly need to recalibrate the brain when riding it. The front wheel will lift easily in the first 3 gears and in 4th with a little help, not that I would ever do that :icon_goofygrin:.

I still miss the old boat, it had been with me for 21 years and was part of the family.

wooferdog 02-07-2018 08:04 PM

A Tuono? Bestill my heart

Remember the Salloon is not brand specific

Hawkwind2016 02-08-2018 08:42 AM

Hey Chippy, we'll miss you.

Don't be a stranger, drop into the saloon and say hi from time to time :icon_drink:

Sprock 02-09-2018 01:34 AM

Best of luck with your new ride man.