CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Was there any special edition bikes ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was there any special edition bikes ?

I have a guy trying to sale me a 94 1000 that he claims is an anniversary edition black red and silver paint scheme . Did a little research and couldnt find anything on any specialeditions and was wondering if i missed something .

Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Default RE: Was there any special edition bikes ?

I don't know how it could be an anniversary edition, considering the 10th would be 97, and the 5th 02. I never heard of a lucky 7th anniversary edition. I think you are smart to be wary.

On the bright side; If I am wrong, happens alot, these guys will know. Thats a fact! I have gotten so much info on this forum.

But don,t let that stop you from looking, perhaps you can use this info as a bargaining tool. Just a thought. Still a great bike, Just make sure the "custom paint" isn't to cover up damage from a wreck.

Good luck!!

Patrick

Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 AM

This guy claims the 88 was the collectors edition. Not sure if there is any truth to this or not. I always thought the anniversary edition would have been 86 withthe colour scheme of red, blue and white and not red, black and silver as you mentioned.

And its for sale!

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ37545214

Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a bog-standard, everyday CBR1000F from 88 - the guy's either conning you, or was given that info when he bought the bike........$2900 is also ridiculous, it's probably worth maybe $1500.
I have pictures of every model ever produced of the Hurricane, and the only one that was a bit special was the California edition, supposedly only produced for California, with a bunch of emission gubbins all over it.....( and I live in South Africa, and I've seen them in Poland and Estonia........). Members of the forum have red & black ones, normal colours.This one's from Sweden, I think see attached.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:53 AM

D'you have a picture ? The only ones I've seen so far in this post are 87/88 models.
Flogger has a 96 and the 94 wasn't much different. Pic of a red black and silver standard model bike from around 94 attached - no special edition about it !!

[IMG]local://upfiles/22903/CB8AF85D7D5F49F38C171C32B25716F5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 AM

I don't believe there were ANY special editions of this bike, other than the California which was more EPA special than anything else, I believe.

The price for the '88 in Montreal isn't bad for Canadian bike prices. It's a bit high but I wouldn't hesitate to pay $2.3-2.5k for it.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Hey Shadow, I seen that for sale just recently. The guy wants 4,000.00 for it!! I mean its in top shape but.....And why he is calling it a Blackbird is beyond me....Fool!

I only paid 2,900.00 for mine and its a 96 with 40KM. Keep your eye out for a bargin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Old 02-15-2008, 12:31 PM

One question, why do some of the CBR's have a longer "mud flap" on the back than others? Is it a UK thing? My bike has only a small licence plate holder/flap but it looks factory. Maybe the UK requires that MB's have a larger one that US/Can

Old 02-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Well, I'd ask Flogger, but I suspect it's because they get so much RAIN.
(In summer the English wear goloshes (rubber boots)with the toes cut out) he he
and yeah, I saw that one, calling it a Blackbird, what a muppet....(sorry Kermit)
The California model came out with a longer rear mudguard, but it looked so stupid I chopped it off level with the number plate....
And 31/2 years ago I paid the equivalent of US$6000 for my bike, a 1990 model, but it was, and is, in showroom condition. So who says I know what I'm doing ?
As for being a comedian, anyone from Nova Scotia with a nickname of Gill has to be in the fishing business........he he ( you asked for it)
If we can't laugh now and again, life would surely be s...t

Old 02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Friend and Hero ...

The upper inner fender length (mudflap) is the same length on all models. 93 and up, as well as the previous body style to the best of my knowledge. Everyone I've ever seen has had it chopped off by sawsall or some other method. If you look at the eBay model shadow posted a link to. It is standard length, which is a rare thing to see here in the states. Now I am no CBR expert. I have ridden the full gambit of brands and models. Just found myself with this old CBR and enjoying it and have done quite a bit of research on the subject hell last summer, helped a fellow NCO Bobtail a new R1 and it looked factory

Quick Reply: Was there any special edition bikes ?