CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Still learnin the ropes lol!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still learnin the ropes lol!

Ok lets try this again.I inadvertanly sent Cbr Classic the wrong post my appoligies on that one. lol! I was tryin to post the following story of 2 hurricanes past & present on here. So here it goes one more time. Hope it works. lol! Also I will be putting up some pics as soon as I can figure out how to make them smaller for posting. So bear with me on that as well guys. Here is the storyI originally posted in the wrong place on here. I do appreciate the input on that lil mixup also Shadow. You & CBR Classic seem to know this area quite well. lol!
Hi guys, another newbie here. Although I have been popping in on the forums for a while now I decided it was time to join in. This is the my story of 2 Hurricane 1000's that go way back to the early '90's. I currently now own the '91 CBR 1000 red & black in color. Its mostly original with the exception of a full Two Bro's carbon fiber exhausta Zero Gravity smoked windscreen, jet kit, timing advancer and a 17/46 sprockets on it now. Bike belonged to a friend of mine from the Laporte,Tx area. He bought the bike brand new back in early '91. (Which btw he now owns a red '08 CBR 1000 RR) I aquired the '91 from him cause it was too good to pass up. Even tho I wasn't really wanting to buy a bike older than 10 years old. I knew he took pretty good care of that old bike from day 1, not to mention I know the history of it. Anyhow the bike I had before this one was a '88 Hurricane I bought back in the summer of '91. It was originally the red & blk scheme. I bought it already repaintedtwo tone blue for $1600 back then. So I liked the feel of those bikes already.Wasn't long tho before it was dropped on both sides. Once when it rolled off kick stand & the other when it fell over in the grass courtesy of a female friend who claimed she knew how to ride. Luckily it was dirt & grass it fell in. lol! Met the fella with the bike I now have & became friends that year back in Oct. of '91. Repainted my bike blue & white 2 years later due to it getting pretty banged up rode it for a while that color. Met another fellow Hurricane owner(his was silver & grey btw)who had transferred down to Clear Lake,Tx from New York state. We all became friends as well as riding buddies. To this day we still are friends. Before I sold my Hurricane back in Feburary this year I had painted in the winter of 2001. I used a '96 Porsche Iris Blue on it. Liked the pearl it had in it. I also ordered a pearl whitetribal flame kit from Tape Works to put on it as well. Took 2 trys it wasn't excately a piece of cakes tryin to make the curves. lol! I did finally get it done tho. Then I clearcoated all the painted parts to keep the flames from peeling as well as notbeing able tofeel the sticker edges. Then I buffed all of that for a deep shine. Currently the ole Hurricane is in town still with that same paint job scuffed up tho of course. Seems about a month ago he came by my work place to inform me he dropped the bike on the right side. Said a dog ran out in front of him in aS bend. I'm willing 2 bet he grabbed too much of the front brake being a somewhat newbie. lol! Anyways this is getting to be a book I'd better cut it short now guys. I believe the mileage on that old Hurricane is pushing past 79,000 miles now. When I sold it to him it had 78,000 & some change on it. Second motor on itby the way. The original sits in my place upstairs 80% complete with a Weisco big bore kit in it with about 100 miles on it. Standing by waiting for the day I decide to use it as it were. Will do my best to get some pics up of boththe old CBR's in the next few days or when I can figure out how to downsize the pics i already have on my puter of them. So stayed tuned for that ok guys. Till then ya'll have a good one. Keep d rubberside down & sunnyside up. lol! Bye for now. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/31813/0C241E5F2F7842DFAA0D44BD025BC5E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/31813/3B3589A98FC2464FBD14CE1A5DF8A19C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Still learnin the ropes lol!

Excellent ! Just above where you posted, you'll see font face and size - no need to make it smaller, just drop the bold print !
Post pics on Photobucket, change IMG to img and they'll show up in full size glorious colour !