CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Starting in the mornings

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting in the mornings

I have done a couple of postings about starting my 92 model in the mornings. Anyway am about to do a 7,000 odd Kl trip at X Mass so decided to put it in the shop to have a pro look at her. I have been running a carby clean through it for a couple of weeks and was surprised that the carbys were clean even though they were taken off and cleaned, but my main problem was starting and every value was a little tight. For the past two mornings I hit the starter with no choke and she fires straight away then idles by herself after about 1 minute. To me it was well worth having it done in the shop and it cost $ 230 Aus, as appearntly that tis a fault with our motors they need proper valve clearances

Old 11-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Default RE: Starting in the mornings

Your lucky, I still have to use the choke pulled out fully and once fired reduce it until it idles. Yes, I agree that what you had done was money well spent. Hope your trip is as successful, dont forget to pop some pics when you get back.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:43 PM

You have described EXACTLY what my old girl was like to start it used to be a royal pain. Dont worry I will have many a good pics to show, as I am traveling down the east coast of Australia. I don't know if you know Australia but I live in Central Queensland and we are traveling either to Tasmania or across to South Australia Via the coast road then back

Old 11-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Never been, but I think that sometime in the next few years, the bike could be crated and shipped over to have some fun on your roads

Old 11-24-2006, 08:19 PM

You would love it sunny days lovely windy roads in the Blue Mountains, some BIG straights Hay Plains when you go outback New South Wales. Here is a Link where we are headed its called the great ocean road,

http://www.greatoceanrd.org.au/

Old 11-24-2006, 08:32 PM

That trip that your taking looks really great. How long are you planning to be off? 6000-7000 is a big number and looking at the link theres plenty to see, so was wondering how much time you've allowed for sightseeing?

Old 11-24-2006, 08:39 PM

We leave on the 16th December and we don't need to be back till the 13th January so I feel that should give us a fair chance of seeing what we want as we have no commitments

Old 11-24-2006, 08:49 PM

Oh, how the other half live....hahahahahahahahahahahaha......[sm=groupwave.gif] I'll be lucky to get a 3-4hour dry period for a spin tomorrow without getting wet. How we here envy you with all the nice weather. Still on the bright side this is a good period to get some great deals on new gear and bikes, as it now 1/2 price time

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 11-25-2006, 02:51 AM

To rub it into you we just went for a 2 hour spin down the highway to have lunch it was too nice a day to have all my leathers so just had my jeans boots and shirt and sat near on the speed limit all the way down and back life's tough eh !! This morning when I started the girl I used half choke and i started straight away and sat on 2,000 RPM waited 1 minute then backed the choke off to idle at 1,000 lovely the choke has never worked before

Old 11-25-2006, 04:34 AM

ok waz57 you have 16 people in 6 different countries green with envy. If you can get round to it some pictures will only make it worse.

Have a great trip :-)

Quick Reply: Starting in the mornings