CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

speed camera game

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: speed camera game

Over here, they have a van or 4x4 parked on the side of the highway, sometimes you might see a cop hiding behind a bush next to his bike.
Northern NSW have signs warning about speeding just before the speed camera (permanent cameras)
I believe Western Australia have some Wheelie Bin/Speed Camera's now

Old 02-09-2007, 01:26 PM

The tax campaign is taking an ugly turn. Wheelie Bin cams. Hahaha

Old 02-09-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: old1000

i can't say i've seen them
I think that's the point.
We have some really low tactics here in Washington. One of the worst is aircraft. No radar detector made will warn you of these. A police scanner can pick up the chatter between the plane and the cars on the ground, but who carries one of those on their bike.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:12 PM

over hear you have constructions vans parked on the highways. Another thing they do when you driving ont he highway they have a cop on the bridge with the radar gun, after the bridge they have about 6 squad cars, so even if you are speedign in a group they pull everyone over, it sucks. Once i almost got fooled but i was like whats that guy doign on the bridge, it looked supscious so i slowed down and didnt get pulled over.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:30 AM

If they were serious about stopping speeding, everyroad vehiclewould be fitted with a speed limiter... 'tis a pity the police and government care about lining their pockets more than the lives of their constituents.

Those with the need for speed are being forced tosatisfy iton unsafe back roads because there is too much chance of getting caught on the highways, and race tracks are few and far between.

Like Mr. T says in Rocky III... pity the fool.

*end rant*

Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 AM

speed limiters are on the way in europe/uk.
the bridge tactics dont work so well in uk due to the yobs using bridges etc to throw bricks at all the traffic,so now most motorists always keep an eye on bridges etc anyway.
doesnt matter overall really as things are going judge Dread over here anyway,have a look at this wonderful new slant on uk democracy:
http://www.magnacartaplus.org/news/i...p=100#more-100
can anybody offer me a job outside of europe(fully ticketed heavy plant driver-all plant)so i can get out...lolol.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really sucks!
How much time do you spend looking at your speedo instead of looking at what's really important?
Speed cameras in four wheel drives stick out like dogs' *****, but the hand held lazer thingos are the real problem, as well as mobile radars in very plain cop cars.
We all like to give it a squirt, but we have to pick the time and place carefully. The more of us that draw attention to ourselves, the quicker more invasive means of speed control will be implemented.
I'm glad I had a good go when they still had to catch you!
Dave.