CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Specific vfr750 bar questions..didn't want to hijack.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Specific vfr750 bar questions..didn't want to hijack.

Hey fellas,

Sorry to keep harping on about 'bars, but I'm getting close to buying a pair and don't want to blow my cash. I've gone with a new thread as I thought it might be a bit rude to hijack the existing ones.

I've found a pair of vfr750 'bars for $170AU and I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if I'll get away with my cables etc. as they are (don't want to spend any more!) and also how much higher / further back they are? Is the angle the same as I believe there is a locating pin or similar on ours. Will they fit straight on with no other mods? I rang a good Honda dealer and the parts guy said he knew of another one of our bikes that the owner fitted other genuine Honda bars to, for the same reason, but he couldn't remember what they were off. Does anybody know of other Honda bars that will fit ours?

You guys are a mine of information and any help would be much appreciated. I've already trauled the old posts back to '05 on this topic but can't find (or missed..) these specifics.

Thanks, Dave.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Link of interest.....not necessarily answering your question

http://laudeman.com/hondavfr/helibars1.html

Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Thanks Sprockaholic, those picture helped quite a bit as they were the clearest shots of standard vrf bars I've seen so far. It looks to me as though they are about 20mm higher than ours. The the bars I've found also have the end weights still in them so the $ is probably ok too. I'll ponder for the rest of today, then probably order them...

Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup figured they'd be helpful........good luck with it. Make plenty of PICs for us who may follow your lead.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Just ordered them, should be here early next week and I'll post some pics of before and after.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:48 PM
jja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I have been looking into the VFR bars also davethepom what year VFR bars are you getting?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:29 PM

jja: They're off a '92 model, but the bulk of them are the right size. I think the very first vfr750s had 37mm fork tubes, then went to 41mm pretty soon in the model run, which is what my '94cbrf has (and most others, if not all). I'm not sure if the last model went to 43mm or not like the vfr800 (tasty machine!).

BTW. Yours looks exactly the same model / colour as mine...well nice!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:08 AM

I think an inch is all I'll need....Listen you lot! I'm talking about the handlebars on my cbr, honestly..no..really!...

Seriously though, that sounds about right. I don't want to be too upright either, and although it may not sound like much difference, I think on a straight, boring highway at relatively legal speeds it will make a heap of difference, but still be ok for a strap through the twisties. Also, as the bars I've ordered are genuine Honda, they should look right on the bike. Fingers crossed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Specific vfr750 bar questions..didn't want to hijack.