CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

SOLD MY RIDE - Reluctantly

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SOLD MY RIDE - Reluctantly

How bout a blackbird (carb models) compared with the current 1000f? Is thre much difference? and how bout fuel injected models?

Thanks lord jersey hard to change to another brand coz I have a wardrobe full of riding stuff that says "HONDA"

Old 02-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

ORIGINAL: madkawa

Thanks lord jersey hard to change to another brand coz I have a wardrobe full of riding stuff that says "HONDA"
Lol, what size are you? Just kidding, I know how that feels. I can't imagine not wearing all my Honda gear. Especially since I just bought a bunch of it this winter....lol
LJ

Old 02-27-2007, 02:04 PM

The carb version of Blackbird hassubstantially more power than the 1000F and ithandles better at any speed. The major difference between carbed and FI Birds are that the FI model has a better mid range, they are very equal on top power and the chassi is the same. The midrange weakness is however easy to cure on carbed models, put on an aftermarket exhaust and adjust the carbs. Here in Sweden a carbed Bird in good shape is about the third price of a ZX14R, that’s why I choose the Bird. The newer Birds, from 99 and on are FI and cost a little more than a carbed model. The carbed model have 42 mm carbs and the FI model 38 mm throttle bodies, so I wish to believe that the carbed model has a higher powerpotential than the FI model, but cant say I know for sure. For general use the FI model is probably to prefer if you don’t like to adjust stuff and is willing to spend some more money. I’m perfectly happy with the carbed –97 though, and don’t mind checking carb synch when needed as long as it gives more bang for the money.
I guess a Bird could be a good choice for you since they basically have a boring paint but good shaping, I have no doubt you would transfer one to a show winner before sunrise

I'm also into looking for a new bike. The Bird will be kept, but it is time to replace the GSX R1000 -03and this is what I'm looking for if the dealer can iron out a reasonable deal http://www.motorcycledaily.com/19feb...i_gsxr1000.htm It's nothing one buy for the beaty of the mufflers but apart from that everything should be justfine.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Lord Jersey

Lol, what size are you? Just kidding,
I am not kidding hehehehe
Name:  11122006415.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  68.9 KB

ORIGINAL: R1000

Here in Sweden a carbed Bird in good shape is about the third price of a ZX14R, that’s why I choose the Bird. The newer Birds, from 99 and on are FI and cost a little more than a carbed model.
Here in Malaysia, prices hold quite steady especially for used-honda's. Thats because taxes on superbikes keeps rising and currency keeps dropping. A 97 bird will cost bout RM45,000 (USD14K) and a brand new one 07 model would cost RM90,000 (USD25,714). the 07 ZX-14R cost bout RM84,000 a drop from rm92,000 last year. So it is very priced attractively compared with most bikes.Plus its the most talk-about bike at the moment.

Ideally I would very much loved to have kept 2 bikes but I can't really afford it. I was gonna buy a bird and kept the 1000F but now there's the ZX-14R

I was looking at a 97bird before I bought this, and I bought it because it was cheaper than the bird by half. Thebird I almost bought was going for RM38,000 (bargain)it look real good and only had 16,000kms on the clock. But on closer inspection there were repaired cracks on the fairing and the tank had been cemented suggested that this bike has been involved in an accident, possibly a tank slapper. So gave that a miss and bought the 1000F instead. No regrets

ORIGINAL: R1000
I'm also into looking for a new bike. The Bird will be kept, but it is time to replace the GSX R1000 -03and this is what I'm looking for if the dealer can iron out a reasonable deal http://www.motorcycledaily.com/19feb...i_gsxr1000.htm It's nothing one buy for the beaty of the mufflers but apart from that everything should be justfine.
K3 to K7!!! wow! Wow! Wow! that's bout 185bhp stock! I test ride the K5 once and man it is a dream machine. very forgiving on the corners and the power is just superb. That is also why I wanna get a newer generation FI bike. The power delivery is just so smooth. That pciture look like a K6 to me as the new K7 has dual short pipes http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...gsx-r_1000.jpg

Old 02-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Good job,
I will be right behind you. I want to sell my 91 1000f with a parts bike to make room for my new GSXR's.
I have to say, the cbr is like riding a park bench compared to my R's(one is an 86 1100).
No offense to all who love the CBR, I just don't click with this bike.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:21 PM

Sad to see the CBR go[sm=alcoholic.gif]But Anyone who's likes fixing a bike up will always like fixing bikes up. I bet whatever you get... You can't leave it stock![sm=lol.gif] Good luck on whatever bike you decide to purchase.
Hint, hint... If you get a blackbird. It'll be easier to get on the forum over here and spread your wisdom of the cbrF's for all the newbies! Na. Just kidding. It's hard to please the need for more power and go faster.
As one of my friends told me after I said I wanted to get a new zx-14 also... "Man you would strap a rocket to your back and say it's not got enough power!" I told him..."You're right. But a zx-14 would get pretty close."
Hope to see you around every once in awhile! Hell... Even a goldwing can be fun!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/11022/B87C52D27CA34503B6A766465A6C0E3C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2007, 07:53 PM

Bet you will be very sad to see it go,it was one of the nicest 1kf examples i've seen!

Good luck with whatever bike you go for next,and hope it gives you as much,if not more pleasure than your CBR.

(i've changed it now,sorry was late when i typed it and was shattered from working on the bike all day,checked this morning
and couldn't believe what i'd wrote![:@])

Old 02-28-2007, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_lover

Bet you will be glad to see it go,it was one of the nicest 1kf examples i've seen!

Good luck with whatever bike you go for next,and hope it gives you as much,if not more pleasure than your CBR.
Not Gladbut reallySad.

The buyer called up yesterday and said he will wanna take the bike tonight. So last night, I took it out for a last burn! I did not really had the chance since I installed the leo-vince slip-ons, K&N Filter, Jet Kit and Dynotyned it. Man, I can tell you I will really miss this baby. This thing can really fly!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:48 AM

This could be my new ride, some guy offered it to me.plus I am still buying the ZX-14

CBR 929 yr 2000 (Can stay in Forum - Yahoo!)

model : honda cbr 929
year :2000
manufactured:2000
registed : 2000
mileage :90000km

Steel-braided brake hoses
Headlight protecter
Motovation sliders
DIY undertray
CF engine case protecter
CF clutch case protecter
Polished frame
Polished pillion footpeg
Polished swing-arm
Polished sub-frame
Polished rims

Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 AM

The 929 look fine and should not be very expensive since it is a high mileager. In this case I would consider spending some time to examine the engine condition. Run it cold and warm and listen carefully that it appears to be sound, and drive a full tank or two quite hard, so it can be determined if it burns oil or not. Then drain the oil and check that it is totally free from metal flings etc, after some real hard test-driving. I would also lift the valve cover and examine the camshafts for wear on the lobes. Next step would be to remove one of the camshafts and check the bearing surfaces on the camshaft and the bearing surface on the head, which tells a lot of the general engine wear and how it has been used and maintained. Finally, I would make a leak-down test to check that the ring, bores and valves are sealing, as they should.

All above can appear to be a lot of unnecessary work, but the bike is nice and will probably cost some money. In this condition it is important that it is very sound since another Blade from the same year having far less kilometers only will cost a little more, which could give many years of extra driving compared to a bike which needs a renovation.

In case the engine has not get all those km’s by short trips, and it is well maintained it should still be in good condition. If the mileage is built up by thousands of short trips, i.e. many cold starts, the engine could be near end of life. You may know the seller and his driving habits etc and that would be fine, if not there is reason to be careful and spend the time needed to follow things up.

Congrats to the ZX14R, I'm sure you will be realhappy with that. Have you been test ridingone yet?

Quick Reply: SOLD MY RIDE - Reluctantly