CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Score! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/score-156483/)

Webbie1 08-21-2017 09:51 PM

Score!

After being nervous about having my 1990 CBR1000F's stator go out and not being able to find one, I started looking for a replacement. I don't need one at this moment, but I don't want it to be the one item that takes my bike out of commission, so I started looking around. Doing google searches on "1990 CBR1000F stator" alarmed me even more. It seemed that every few months someone would be searching for a replacement. Everywhere. It took some people months to find one. And from what I understand, they'd be found at a less than reasonable price. As luck would have it, I found a guy that was parting out his 1990 CBR1000F and I was able to buy a bunch of parts.

Here's what I got:

Radiator
Oil Cooler
Thermostat and housing
Fuse box
Starter and solenoid
Complete clutch basket
Clutch cover
Fuel petcock
And the holy grail - the stator cover

Warner

swagfu 08-21-2017 11:15 PM

SWEET!!!!! Do you have information for him you would be willing to share? I am looking for some body parts and screws maybe.

jarvid 08-21-2017 11:32 PM

Good work, now you are set for 2 lifetimes!

Webbie1 08-22-2017 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by swagfu (Post 1307045)
SWEET!!!!! Do you have information for him you would be willing to share? I am looking for some body parts and screws maybe.

I believe that he sold all the body panels.....which ones are you looking for? And screws....I'll see what I can find out....again, which ones are you looking for?

Warner

wooferdog 08-22-2017 09:48 PM

Score!

swagfu 08-22-2017 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Webbie1 (Post 1307055)
I believe that he sold all the body panels.....which ones are you looking for? And screws....I'll see what I can find out....again, which ones are you looking for?

Warner

Thanks for checking for me. I am looking for the mid left side. As far as screws go, I am looking for the 3 that hold the fuse cover or inner faring panel. Not sure what its actually called. Plus the other side too. And lastly, I am looking for the piece around the gauges. I could probably get some pics if needed.
Thanks again

Webbie1 08-23-2017 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by swagfu (Post 1307068)
Thanks for checking for me. I am looking for the mid left side. As far as screws go, I am looking for the 3 that hold the fuse cover or inner faring panel. Not sure what its actually called. Plus the other side too. And lastly, I am looking for the piece around the gauges. I could probably get some pics if needed.
Thanks again

As soon as I get a total from him, I'll have his email address and give it to you. He said he still has that piece that goes around the gauges. I'm buying the hardware from him, but I'll see if the screws for the fuse cover are in there.....

Warner

swagfu 08-23-2017 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Webbie1 (Post 1307072)
As soon as I get a total from him, I'll have his email address and give it to you. He said he still has that piece that goes around the gauges. I'm buying the hardware from him, but I'll see if the screws for the fuse cover are in there.....

Warner

Thanks.

Webbie1 08-24-2017 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by swagfu (Post 1307073)
Thanks.

PM sent.

Warner

Webbie1 08-24-2017 09:02 AM

Here’s all the parts that I got. Total for everything was $175 with shipping. I think the stator cover alone would be worth that, considering how difficult they are to find.

radiator

fuse panel

fuel gas tank petcock

thermostat & housing

clutch basket complete

starter & solenoid

oil cooler

stator & cover assembly

clutch cover

complete hardware kit

Warner