CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Road Manners And Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Ride of the Year ... Just Ask The Boys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Manners And Etiquette

All,

Took the long way home from work again, got to a 25k long stretch of road only to find two gentlemen on Harleys with Club jackets on.

I ask what is the general rule of the road?

Do i sit behind them like a good boy or, do i do my normal thing and overtake morons who sit doing 90KPH on a 100KPH stretch of road.

Just for the record i sat behind them, it was a very cold ride home and my manhood had..... well you get the picture

Aussie Johnno

Old 07-29-2010, 07:50 AM

i would have blown them off the road, but that's me. i have respect for all things on the road unless you want to drive/ride like an idiot.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd have blown them into the weeds too.
Bugger the cold manhood, I'm not going to sit back there getting covered in oil and ****.......................

Old 07-29-2010, 11:36 AM

I'm with Bio. I'd motor around them and not even look back. Reminds me of the time Grundge and I came up behind twit riding his new Harley on a secondary road, one lane each way. He's got no helmet, Harley brand jacket, kakie pants with the cuffs half way to his knees, white socks and pennie loafers. Simultaneously Grunge went around on the left and me on the right All in our lane. The Harley guy just about s___t a brick. We laughed all the way home.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Proper etiquette would be that they both move to the shoulder in single file and let you over take them. The problem is that they had their colors on and they were thinking that they own the planet. If it were me I would have left them in my dust.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:33 PM

Haha! ... Last Summer ... me and a good mate were havin a ride through the Lake District, (making progress as ya do ... when we started seeing, and passing the odd "Hardly MovingSon" ... didnt think much of it, till we caught the main pack of 'em up about a mile or so later ...... There must have been 500 or so on the rideout! Must have been an annual gatherin of the clan or sommat!

They call 'em Hogs for a reason ... feckin road hogs! So we decided to force our way through the pack! They werent happy! lol

Colours or not ... we wasted every last one of 'em! ... Had a great time! Hahaha!

Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I remember when we were riding back from the Gap and going back to the cabin. Sprocks buddy Sparkie was riding slow and taking up the road. We all passed him and didn't even look back. The second day back and there he was again taking up the road; Sparkie. I just had to laugh .

Old 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Unless it was a very narrow single lane road, I'd treat them like any other road user and pass them They bought the Harley, not the road

Mind you , we don't get many 'bad ***' bikers here in Brighton

Old 07-30-2010, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Mind you , we don't get many 'bad ***' bikers here in Brighton

Used to be full of wanna be 'Mods' when I were a lad...f'n Vespas WTF??

Johnno. I'd have cruised past and waved, like I would at any rider. I don't see that it's necessary to burn past at full noise but nor should you feel obliged to do a snail pace all the way home. Once past, and at a polite distance, I'd crank it right up just to make a point. Maybe they were part of the same mob who tried to keep up with steve

Takes all sorts I s'pose but there's nothing about the 'bad ***' biker life that appeals to me.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Takes all sorts I s'pose but there's nothing about the 'bad ***' biker life that appeals to me.

No, but the rep is useful when talking to "non bikers" they seem to think we're all badasses (but it's good for pulling chicks too - I think they like the "attitude")
hehe says he at age 161 but I ain't dead yet (at least not the important bits)

Quick Reply: Road Manners And Etiquette