CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   rear wheel (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/rear-wheel-158432/)

bri66 12-02-2018 10:05 AM

rear wheel

hi everyone im new on this forum need help,ive got an 89 cbr 1000f as a project im trying to refit the rear wheel but it does not seem to want to fit as the rear caliper bracket is preventing the wheel and spacer from being aligned so spindle can refit I have 2 types of spacers one like a cone shape and another like a cylinder for brake caliper side then a smaller one for sprocket side tried everything to make them fit but just wont go,

TimBucTwo 12-02-2018 04:14 PM

Have you tried, from left to right, the smaller spacer installed in the sprocket side,the spacer with the step has the smaller diameter in the back side of the sprocket carrier. That leaves the spacer with the flange that is inserted into the right side of the wheel with the flange side against the caliper.

I hope that makes some sense. It is very tight going on. Welcome to the forum.

bri66 12-02-2018 04:37 PM

Rear wheel

Hi thanks for the info will have a go from the left side and hope I can squeeze in the brake caliper bracket. Thanks.

TimBucTwo 12-03-2018 11:04 AM

It can be tricky. Get everything together except the caliper. Lift the wheel up and insert the axle in from the left. Insert the axle until it is flush with the flange side of the right side spacer. The tricky part is trying to get the caliper bracket into the swing arm slot while moving the wheel up so that the rotor is in between the pads. When all is good tap the axle through all the way. It may take a few tries to get it. Its tight.

Hint: I place a narrow board under the rear wheel and lift the board raising the wheel.

bri66 12-03-2018 11:42 AM

Rear wheel

Got the wheel on after a massive fight but the problem I have now is the brake disc is rubbing the top of the caliper bracket even when wheel looks straight don't know what doing wrong help guys lol

bri66 12-04-2018 10:19 AM

Rear wheel

Hi guys have put the rear wheel on from left to right as advised slid axle in till flush with spacer flange then slid through caliper bracket all good but when looked the brake disc is rubbing the top of the caliper bracket and wheel won't move even though it looks level.have not put brake cylinder onto bracket yet was going to refurbish it first would this make any difference need advice thanks.

TimBucTwo 12-10-2018 09:50 AM

Maybe some pictures would help. Also, it may be better to post in the Hurricane section as there are members there with the same year bike that may be better to help with the problem.

74demon 12-10-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo (Post 1318482)
Maybe some pictures would help. Also, it may be better to post in the Hurricane section as there are members there with the same year bike that may be better to help with the problem.

Good suggestions. Thread moved.

bri66 12-12-2018 06:27 AM

Rear wheel

Thanks guys

Red Baron 12-13-2018 12:13 AM

I strongly suggest to get a Factory Service Manual, they are cheap on Ebay.