CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Problem w/ Site Log On

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TBT, I tried your fix...downloaded Adobe Air. So now we will see if it works. Thanks

Old 12-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Az1kF
TBT, I tried your fix...downloaded Adobe Air. So now we will see if it works. Thanks
Did you download both the Flash Player and Air?. I think the Flash Player is more important than Air.

Both my desktop and laptop are screaming all over the internet now.

I just do not understand why I have to check the remember me box. Why would that prevent me from signing on?

Old 12-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think that Adobe Air should make a difference, since I doubt any Air applications are running on this site. FWIW, I started using Opera when I was having problems with Firefox deciding to close on its own, and I don't have any problems logging on here with Opera except when the site is having problems and everyone is having difficulties logging on or posting, etc, regardless of the browser they're using. I now primarily use Opera, though not for everything, since there are a few things that Opera can't do. For example, Real Players flash downloader plugin doesn't work with Opera, nor does Adobe Acrobat's browser plugin, so when I want to use these plugins I'll use Firefox or IE. Otherwise, for most browsing I use Opera, and I like it better than Firefox or IE. Try it, it might solve your log-in problems, and there are things it can do that Firefox can't.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote Pacojoseph and there are things it can do that Firefox can't.
C'mon Marc share the knowledge.......

Old 12-24-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow
[/B]
C'mon Marc share the knowledge.......
OK. A couple of things come to mind. First, something that comes in handy on this board, when a webpage is too wide to fit on your screen and you have to use the horizontal scrollbar to view the entire page- like when someone posts a pic on here that is too wide to fit on your screen so you can't see the entire pic without scrolling- Opera has a button that you push that will resize the entire webpage (without affecting font size) so that it fits on your screen so you don't have to scroll horizontally. There is also another button to push that will resize the entire page so you can zoom in (for greater detail) or out as you wish. There is also a trashcan button that retains any tabs that you've closed in a session- so if you've closed a tab and then later decide you want to go back to that tab, you hit the trash button and it will show you a list of closed tabs that you can bring back up with one click- this saves you from having to search your history. There's other stuff too, but these are a few examples.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:39 PM

Oh, and one other thing that can be very handy. Opera has an "insert personal" feature. This allows you to save personal info within the browser, like your name, phone numbers, email addresses or any other info you care to save. With this, when you come to a webpage that asks you for certain info, say your email address, instead of typing out your email address, with opera you just have to right click on the space provided, choose insert personal, and a list will come up with the items you've saved. You then can just click on your saved email address and Opera will insert it in the web form, no typing required.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:42 PM

TBT, this fix did NOT work for as I've been trying to get back on for the hour without any luck.

As I stated before, After I logged out the WHO'S ONLINE list still shows I am online, go figure. I'm not being bumped off from Firefox. I just can't get logged in no matter what I do. I don't know if because the site thinks I am still logged in it wont let me really log in. It still takes 10 to 20 tries before I get logged in. I have sent 3 emails to the CONTACT US at the bottom of the page while not logged in the last 3 days but no one is responding to me. Not sure what else I can do. I tried my car forum & I even went back to the other bike forum that I don't go to anymore just to see if there is any problems with my logging in, but NO PROBLEMS at all with those forums only here.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd probably do a reboot and use a different browser.......
Damned machine thinks it can go on holiday because it's Christmas

Old 12-24-2009, 01:11 PM

I have re booted a few time since & also tried a different browser. Still no difference.

Originally Posted by Shadow
I'd probably do a reboot and use a different browser.......
Damned machine thinks it can go on holiday because it's Christmas

Old 12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Az1kF
After I logged out the WHO'S ONLINE list still shows I am online, go figure.
That is exactly what it does to me. It says I am signed on but I am not. I just tried to log on without clicking the remember me box and it happened again. I click the box and I am in on the first try.

I have not been booted since I update Flash Player. Access to bank accounts and things like that are also much faster now.

Quick Reply: Problem w/ Site Log On