CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

The price of Parts !

Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The price of Parts !

This is not a question really just an observation, but I'm sure we have all come across examples of vast price differences for the same part from Honda.
I always understood there to be regional differences in the so called "List Price " of a genuine Honda part, shipping to one part of the world or another will be different and exchange rates ect.
But, how can a "List Price in Europe be 3 times that of the USA?
I know the easy answer is to order from the states and ship it over but even then the price doubles with taxes and Sh*t.
I would just like Honda UK or Honda Europe to justifie the difference in a Global Market ?
Its crap like this that really annoys- me do they think we cannot get a price from anywhere else in the world ?
Have they heard of the internet ?
Do they give a FU*K !!! ?

Answers on a postcard to " Pis*ed off of Cambridge, Overtaxed Island."

Old 03-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Dear Bluey

Thank you for your recent inquiry re parts pricing. We have examined our parts pricing model in response to your inquiry and have basically decided we don't give a fat rats ****.

For each person like yourself that questions our pricing model, there are another five that just suck it up and pay the money.

We know where you live; any further criticism of our pricing policy will require the implementation of our ultimate dark force thing.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:38 AM

Yes know where you're coming from Bluey - parts do seem reasonable in the US but then, as you say, the postage is pretty steep.

It's **** all the way...

Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try even GETTING parts in Africa !
Forget it.
Parts sent from the UK don't have VAT so that's a plus
US parts are quite cheap but cost the earth for postage.
Forget Japan, 6-8 weeks for a reg/rec, $250+ postage and no guarantee.

We can't win, but then there's always e-Bay
And mates on the forum.......
My bike has parts from England, Ireland,(cheaper to have plugs sent from Ireland than to buy them locally) Australia, New Zealand, South Africa (Exhausts) Germany, Scotland and the US. Oh and Japan
And I've sent parts to Estonia, Wales and Canada..............
Bloody League of nations

Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It must be a motorcycle thing. I occasionally order bicycle parts directly from retailers in Europe to my home in the U.S. because they are significantly less expensive than buying them from a U.S. source.

The shipping isn't much more than what I'd pay over here and when I enter a U.S. address the VAT is subtracted from my total, making it even cheaper.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my cam chain from Shadow. Could not find one in the US

Old 03-16-2012, 02:39 PM

By way of putting this one to bed I quote the official response from Honda UK...........

Thank you for contacting Honda (UK).
In response to your recent email the price of our parts is determined by a variety of factors.
Raw materials, transportation, and the labour involved in the manufacturing process all contribute to the cost. However lowering the cost of owning a Honda is always a priority for us so we invest considerably into the research and development of long lasting reliable and innovative parts.
Those that are sold in the UK have been subject to a rigorous and thorough testing process and prices are researched continuously to ensure that they remain competitive within the market place that they are aimed at.
We are always happy to receive feedback from our customers regarding our parts prices, as without feedback such as yours we would not be in a position to produce vehicles that appeal to a broad range of customers.
As mentioned above such information is used by our parts department in conjunction with customer clinics in order that our prices reflect the current market. We can assure you that Honda UK will continue to strive to exceed customer expectation, and so would like to thank you for your comments.
Kind regards
Stephen
Honda (UK) Contact Centre

As we said before they don't give a F*CK if your bike is not a current model.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The winner of the most patronising email response is....

Old 03-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

He just said what I said; he just managed to put it in more "end product user" more friendly terms.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 03-17-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The price of Parts !