CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Pannic over

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pannic over

Hi folks notposted any thing for a bit. Been fixing the bike up, had a few problems to sort. Have had to replace the starter soleniod, it fried and went bang. Put the new one on and still would'nt start, charged the battery up and tried again and not even a click from the starter. Had to buy a new battery oh joy, still at least I now know the age of it. The posts about the battery being critical on these bikes are all bang on. Once the new battery was on the old gall fired straight up no probs, checked the charging and all is fine. Tomorrw will take her for a ride to test out the new tyres and make sure all is well. Its so good to have her back on the road. Bring on the warm weather now and lets play

Old 03-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to hear, wolfman! Yep, you're right about the battery thing. This is my diehard's 3rd year and it's not quite spent yet, but it got replaced anyway.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

When I took the old 1 out it did'nt look old but who knows. I bought the bike about 15 months ago so dont know its age, but do now. Just got to tidy up the paint work now and I will be a happy chap. So glad I found you guys its made my life with the cane so much easier.