CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Nurburg Ring in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nurburg Ring in Germany

I´ve just finished the second event on the beautiful http://www.roadracers.co.uk/nring.htm

It´s not a track for Girl Power...

Old 05-15-2007, 04:44 PM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nurburg Ring in Germany

Hi R1000! I was just wondering were you had gone this morning, haven´t seen any posts from you in a week. I figured "-that lucky bastard is probably at Nurburg Ring".
I trust you had a good time...

Old 05-16-2007, 03:17 AM

Terrific! That would be a dream fulfilled...

What bike are you riding?

Old 05-17-2007, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mikekop

Hi R1000! I was just wondering were you had gone this morning, haven´t seen any posts from you in a week. I figured "-that lucky bastard is probably at Nurburg Ring".
I trust you had a good time...
Yes it was a real good time. The trip home true Germany was also good, but the trip in Sweden from Gothenburg to home was almost a 500 km nightmare. I'm quite used to drive also in rain, to work. Driving in heavy rain for 500 km's is however something quite different with the clothing I have, which not lived up to be waterproof as claimed. I should take the responsibility on myself on not blame the to cheap touring clothes. After 50 km's the wet comes in everywhere and it started to get friggin cold. The boots was filled with water etc. The solution was to stop and drink coffee every 100 km and warm the hands for 15 minutesby hand drying blowers, which are common in road restaurants pee rooms.

The Nurburg Ring is an astonishing track. If one tried to drive it veryfast by oneself it would be very dangerous. The are hidden90 degeers on top on hills etc and the only way to drive fast without knowing all the dangerous places is to follow an expert fore-runner. At some downhill sections the speed is very high and the forks bottoms at the lowest point at 250+ km/h. The first day you have to run on curbs and other obstacles just to be prepared for whatis to come. The German Bike Magazine Motorrad hired the track. It would be much cheaper to drive on a public day but that would also be very dangerous sincee.g. a slow running buss with tourists could be behind the next corner. Even when the track is hired and you mostly have to follow a forerunner, a number of crashes happened during the days I was there.

Another fun part is to drive the Autobahn with no speed restrictions. I started in Kiel on a Sunday morning and went to Munich for the first week on work. The distance is 880 km and was done in just a little more than 5 hours; the average speed was almost 180 km/h.

On the way home from Nurburg Ring to Kiel, the average speed was less than 100 km/h due to a lot of traffic including trucks overtaking each other and effectively blocked the road.

I used my trusty GSX R 1000 to have the best chassie on the track. All long distance transfers would have been more comfy on the Blackbird, or a CBR 1000 F.

Have you found the reason to the running problem on your bike?

Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM

I think that would be onevery good track to ride on. Hearbathurst would be the closest thing.....john

Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 PM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: R1000

Yes it was a real good time. The trip home true Germany was also good, but the trip in Sweden from Gothenburg to home was almost a 500 km nightmare. I'm quite used to drive also in rain, to work. Driving in heavy rain for 500 km's is however something quite different with the clothing I have, which not lived up to be waterproof as claimed. I should take the responsibility on myself on not blame the to cheap touring clothes. After 50 km's the wet comes in everywhere and it started to get friggin cold. The boots was filled with water etc. The solution was to stop and drink coffee every 100 km and warm the hands for 15 minutes by hand drying blowers, which are common in road restaurants pee rooms.

The Nurburg Ring is an astonishing track. If one tried to drive it very fast by oneself it would be very dangerous. The are hidden 90 degeers on top on hills etc and the only way to drive fast without knowing all the dangerous places is to follow an expert fore-runner. At some downhill sections the speed is very high and the forks bottoms at the lowest point at 250+ km/h. The first day you have to run on curbs and other obstacles just to be prepared for what is to come. The German Bike Magazine Motorrad hired the track. It would be much cheaper to drive on a public day but that would also be very dangerous since e.g. a slow running buss with tourists could be behind the next corner. Even when the track is hired and you mostly have to follow a forerunner, a number of crashes happened during the days I was there.

Another fun part is to drive the Autobahn with no speed restrictions. I started in Kiel on a Sunday morning and went to Munich for the first week on work. The distance is 880 km and was done in just a little more than 5 hours; the average speed was almost 180 km/h.

On the way home from Nurburg Ring to Kiel, the average speed was less than 100 km/h due to a lot of traffic including trucks overtaking each other and effectively blocked the road.

I used my trusty GSX R 1000 to have the best chassie on the track. All long distance transfers would have been more comfy on the Blackbird, or a CBR 1000 F.

Have you found the reason to the running problem on your bike?

So you got wet. You deserved it, lucky bastard Seriously, driving in heavy rain ain´t no fun, especially when your gear lets you down. Which boot brand are you using? My Daytona´s (Gore-Tex) has never let one drop get in. My problem with the coffee stops is the bladder, 10 km´s after the coffee and I wanna tie a knot on my *****...

Haven´t sorted the bike out yet. Since it can be driven, I´ve settled with it somewhat, but I haven´t given up yet. Either one carb has a stuck low speed jet or it´s the slip-on messing something up, jet settings or exhaust pulses. I´ll deal with it somehow...
Anyways, I got it thru Bilprovningen (Vehicle traffic security test) with standing ovations, the guy performing the test said: "-Best bike today (day was extra just for bikes and caravans), defenetly the one I would like to have!". He never even mentioned the slip-on (I had ofcourse the dB-killer installed).

Old 05-18-2007, 01:38 AM

I don’t believe your new exhaust makes the engine running bad in midrange, but would try toadd the left stockmuffler and see what happens. I'm pretty convinced that thisis not the problem though.

Since the problem occurredafter the winter storage it indicates a carb problem almost for 100%. I would remove the carbs and make sure they are perfectly clean before installing them again. Also check the rubber tip on the float valvesthatcan be deformed and then will create problems with the A/F-ratio. A magnifying glass helps the inspection. The float valves are cheap if new ones are needed. And remember to check and set the float level if not within spec.

I've read that the Daytona boots are very good. Imay buy a pair next year and also needa good Rukka gearing since I ride more than most people and inany weather condition. I think an all-weather Rukka gearing is about $1500 so they calls for a Himalaya tour to be fully motivated [&:].

The boots I have now where bought 2003. They are the Alpinestars GPS w/o the Goere-tex lining. I swim one hour every Saturday to keep a Gelleråsen rotary cuff injury under control, perhaps I should use the GPS as swim-feets.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:44 AM

So when riding in Sweeden how fast was your Uppsulla Run ? LOL

Old 05-18-2007, 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Trips

So when riding in Sweeden how fast was your Uppsulla Run ? LOL
Hehe, no I dont ride like Ghostrider on public roads in Sweden.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: R1000

Hehe, no I dont ride like Ghostrider on public roads in Sweden.
Hey speaking of which what is the deal with the cops in Sweeden. If I was to run from the cops like Ghostrider did they would have a chopper on my *** in no time. Do they not use traffic choppers?

Quick Reply: Nurburg Ring in Germany