CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

non starter(getting me crazy)

Old 02-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question non starter(getting me crazy)

Firstly before i started to change everyting it started.

Now wat have i done i put a stubby open exaust on the bike .

Put new intakerubbers between de carbs and engine en had a hell of a time getting the carb back on

Then i put pod filters on the carb.

Now its already 3 weeks i am trying anything to get it started but noting .

It has spark - fuel - and good juice from the batterie when i crank it over with the choke closed and no open trotlle it looks like heb want to start i am getting sometimes a bang in the exaust but thats it .

Already put new sparkplugs in new CDI checked all the wires voor breaks all good , It gets enough fuel and where i live its high octane fuel .

I am now at a point where i can put gasoline over the bike and set it on fire i am getting crazy now PLEASE HELP someone

I Had to make a naked bike because i fell with it and the fairing en some other stuff broke.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you bench test the carbs? With the mods you have done (exhaust and pod filters)you should’ve installed different jets and re tunes your carbs. Also are you sure you got the right plugs leads going to right spark plug?

Old 02-19-2019, 06:29 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Just me but If I was you.
Remove new pod filters. Very carefully inspect new rubbers looking for miss seating or damage. Install original air box. Start. No need to remove exhaust as you want to get back to a running engine. When she starts shut her down and have a beer. Time for thinking about possible re-jetting.
As Rhonda’ suggests, your new set up will probably require jetting changes but let’s get back to a running bike before you torch her.
i understand this can be a pig of a job but don’t loose heart. It’ll come good in the end.
Best of luck mate.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by wes 17
Just me but If I was you.
Remove new pod filters. Very carefully inspect new rubbers looking for miss seating or damage. Install original air box. Start. No need to remove exhaust as you want to get back to a running engine. When she starts shut her down and have a beer. Time for thinking about possible re-jetting.
As Rhonda’ suggests, your new set up will probably require jetting changes but let’s get back to a running bike before you torch her.
i understand this can be a pig of a job but don’t loose heart. It’ll come good in the end.
Best of luck mate.
Oké i inspected the new rubbers they are fine.

I don't have the original airbox anymore.

As Rhonda suggested i took a look for a rejeting kit and have found Sigma jet kits are they any good ?

I mailed Sigma and told them my bike's configuration so with the pods and the exaust and they said they could deliver a specific jet kit for me.

i also gonna buy second hand coils with the leads on and put them on the bike.

Why other coils you may think because i tried to fit stickcoils first but didn't work either so back to original.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:37 PM

Dude good move with the jet kit. Keep the stick coil conversion bud there is a very thread in here some where in how to do the conversion. But first get your bike running how it should be then do the stick coil swap. Best of luck I hope it works out for you

Old 02-20-2019, 05:02 PM

Rhondsoulsoutinghonda

I have problems wih the stickcoils i don't have any pics and pics say more than thousend words right ?

Thanks anyway for the help i will keep you guy's informed .

Old 02-20-2019, 05:08 PM

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f...ght=Stick+coil

have a look here bud it should help ya

Old 02-23-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rhondasoulsoothinghonda
https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f...ght=Stick+coil

have a look here bud it should help ya
So now i did the stickcoils and still no start .

Old 02-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi sorry not answered before, , have you taken all spark plugs out to prove you have a spark, have you got fuel to the cylinders, while testing leave the pod filters off, you can see better whats going on, but basically if you have spark , fuel and air you should have a bang

Old 02-24-2019, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet
Hi sorry not answered before, , have you taken all spark plugs out to prove you have a spark, have you got fuel to the cylinders, while testing leave the pod filters off, you can see better whats going on, but basically if you have spark , fuel and air you should have a bang
I have tested the spark plugs or they have sparks they have spark but not very much.

He also has petrol because when I start he sometimes throws gasoline back through the side where the pods are normally mounted.

I have also tried with starter fluid and nothing happens.

Also have a full battery and sometimes also put a car battery on it.

I also noticed that the exhaust curves are not all hot, especially there are only a few warm up at the top

I also sucked in the vacuum on the petrol tap to see if petrol is coming, there is indeed gasoline.

When I try to start, I pull the choke on pull the gear lever and the sidestand is also off, do not give a throttle than

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: non starter(getting me crazy)