CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

no power

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for tips guys, I got the screw of with the hacksaw suggestion, worked like a charm, and wow to your setup slow poke, now i'm going in for this illusive filter orifice thing, the tricky bit is the pin wont slide unless i take the other carb bowls of too, screw gets in the way of pin, guess I might as well check em all..im gonna need replacement screws grrrr

Attached Thumbnails no power-mm666ttt-002.jpg   no power-mm666ttt-001.jpg  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Hey Slowpoke, can you remember the size screws you needed? Mine came out OK, but I'll change them next time I do the job.

Horse, everything should come out without needing to split the carbs, once you're inside you just need a flat blade screwdriver and a small socket (8mm??).

Watch this, the carbs are exactly the same Carburettor maintenance - YouTube

Old 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by horse_power777
thanks for tips guys, I got the screw of with the hacksaw suggestion, worked like a charm, and wow to your setup slow poke, now i'm going in for this illusive filter orifice thing, the tricky bit is the pin wont slide unless i take the other carb bowls of too, screw gets in the way of pin, guess I might as well check em all..im gonna need replacement screws grrrr
Yep you are right but I would check them all anyway. Also you may as well check the jets and float levels, my ones were way out and it made heaps of difference to the performance, well worth the effort!!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Hey Slowpoke, can you remember the size screws you needed? Mine came out OK, but I'll change them next time I do the job.
The Allen-head screws are M4x0.7. I got them 10mm long for both the float chamber and the vacuum chamber. Makes it a pleasure to take them apart.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horse_power777
ok. took the carbs out today, but million dollar question where are these filter things, and look what i found on the bottom of carb 3, stale old petrol?? anyways where do i start to perform carb surgery. the bowls? cant see an obvious leak. oh crap, i can get 3 of the screws out but the 4th one is so stripped, any good tricks to get a stripped screw out.
Wee tip, when removing the fuel stop base to get to those little filters make sure the carbs are fixed down and a good fitting socket with no extension. If things slip you can easily break off one of the tips that the float pin sits in. I know, I've done it, **** it.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:07 AM

hello again. Finally got the carbs opened and cleaned and resealed no leaks now and got it all back on. took her for a ride and she is all good again, even though I cleaned the carbs and replaced fuel line filter, I think what may have been causing the issue in the first place was - because Im now running gravity feed, i.e removed the fuel pump, I believe I may have had a pinching in the breather hose, the hose that comes from under the petrol tank, resulting in further restricting the flow to the allready slightly compromised fuel flow that comes from running without a fuel pump. I tested it by deliberately blocking the breather hose and similar but not as bad symptoms started. Just a thought for anyone experiencing this, a quick test is open the
fuel cap a little while running and see if power is regained.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear all is well again, did you sync the carbs too?

Old 11-15-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by jarvid
Good to hear all is well again, did you sync the carbs too?
Hey Thanks Jarvid.. no in my haste of putting it all back to together forgot to synch the carbs - hopefully get a chance this weekend.

Have a question though - My taco needle has decided to display an extra 3000 rpm so when Im idling im only doing 1000 its showing 4000 when Im doing speed the needle is right of the scale... What powers the tachometer?
Can someone shed some light on this.. please.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did u fix the tacho? U might have to start a new thread to get some replies.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by jarvid
Did u fix the tacho? U might have to start a new thread to get some replies.
Nah, tacho still bung but the main problem is the no power thing is back, doesn't feel like choking cause of petrol,feels more electrical, gets to a certain rev on every gear and i can only make it to 60ks its like being restricted., checked petrol flow all good, just cleaned carbies not long ago when this first started,and ran good for some weeks, until i had stop suddenly the other day, what would the motion have to do with it unless some floats are stuck on up?, someone mentioned cdi or ecu,my bikes too old for them? tried checking for sparks arching in the dark and nothing.its really annoying cause it accelerates ok but its just like someones fitted a learner limiter on her.

Quick Reply: no power