CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

New screen, is this normal

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New screen, is this normal

Guys I bought one of these screens and was soooo excited to fit it and try it out but soon it became evident that just drilling the screen for fitment wasnt going to be the case. I wont mention the manufacturer as the world wide web can do unfair things to a company these days and things can go wrong in the manufacturing process. But I didnt think that having to grind etc to get it perfect was the norm as I fear that if I do try to grind it down and it cracks I've done my money. Am I being too particular here, or am I getting pissed off for nothing?

Attached Thumbnails New screen, is this normal-right-side-1.jpg   New screen, is this normal-rh-side-shot-2.jpg   New screen, is this normal-left-side-corner-shot-3.jpg   New screen, is this normal-front-shot-4.jpg  
Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 AM

I've never had to drill a new screen to fit it?

That looks very poorly made.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Ray there is a Screen Manufacturer in your State,that do 3 different types of screens for CBR 1000 F.Is this one of there products?

*Get a Quote from them,they will email you the centers on a drawing for the bolt holes,width ,height etc

Old 06-26-2009, 03:42 AM

Yeh mate, we have eagle screens over here and its not an eagle screen I bought . Made some enquires but there info is very minimal. From what eagle say it is a standard screen with a wind lip that they supply. No OAL, but I'm trying to get more info from them. Just hope I can get my monies back from the other one. The other one I bought is from the USA and 99.9% great stuff. Never had any problems with items from there, ever, its all quality.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:59 AM

Ah Classic, from one Ozzy to the next, my missus says you are a cheeky sh..t. She put the bangle on just for you, yeh right. SO you are saying go for it and try and make it fit you reckon??

Attached Thumbnails New screen, is this normal-debs.jpg  
Old 06-26-2009, 04:16 AM
November 2009 ROTM

"Make it fit"............

Thats a novel idea,as long as it fits..........I would have thrown it 2 streets by now.
Send it back where you got it from.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:28 PM

Why not mention the manufacturer's name? Aftermarket screens should fit and not have to be drilled out, period. If your screen is bad, they may have a whole production run that is bad, and you don't want any of your board mates repeating your experience. Part of the reason for this board is to advise other members what works and what doesn't.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Pacojoseph, you are totally correct mate. I have just seen some really bad end results on forums, and just wanted the company that I bought this screen from to reply to my email first, before disclosing this info, which they havent yet, as perhaps they do have a bad production line and disclosing this info could give the company a bad name when I'm sure they have very many happy customers. However my loyalty is with this board and its members, so the screen I ordered, just incase there are other members in the process of ordering a new screen, do not order a "G-FORCE" screen for your CBR1000F.

http://www.bikescreen.com/products.asp?cat=84&pg=3

CBRSIXPACK I'm with you mate. Believe me I waited 2 1/2 weeks for this screen and to find that it didnt fit, ARRRGHHH. I hope there chooks turn into emu's and kick there dunny doors down. Still waiting to here from them.

Last edited by Raymond; 06-26-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: New screen, is this normal