CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

new grips?

Old 06-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new grips?

Im wanting to change my grips to something thats a little more comfortable...the PO fitted thin grips that just dont reduce any vibrations and the left one is 1/4" further up than the right, so my palm is always sitting on the little end rib...hurts after awhile. I want some good grips that are good for long rides...I dont ride with gloves most of the time, so something softer would be nice.

any suggestions>?

Old 06-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve Those look like some kind of weird ****** hehehehehe

Swish wrap masking tape around your bars and put grips over the top - 5 layers or so.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:11 AM

He classic they might look good but they are the ones I had when I bought my cane. They not only didn't fit well but the vibes were terrible. stick with the originals and paint them a prity colour if thats what you want

Old 06-14-2009, 06:49 AM

I got a mate to make some bar ends about 1/4 inch longer and from stainless round. They look the part and were easy to do. It has totally eliminated any bar vibrations that I had. If you want to remove bar vibration dont get alloy ones, get ones that have some weight in them.

Swisherred, from what Ive read good quality gel grips are the go, I'm not sure I would be riding without gloves mate, but I would think that a good pair of gloves would also help the palms. I've got a pair of gloves that I use for short runs that only have leather protection just short of the first knuckle on each finger. Found them at a harley shop and its like riding with bare hands. Better than none, sorry for the rant.

Last edited by Raymond; 06-14-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:18 AM

Check out www.hvmp.com for vibration reducing bar ends.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:43 PM

I'm fortunate I have a lathe and with the info about the weight and size of the standard bar ends from you guys. Glad I saved you from buying those ends classic, I actually had the carbon effect ones and they were terrible. Since I made mine and put the new gel grips on the bike has become so much nicer to ride.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:50 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve , I think with those multi coloured things , the idea is to get MAXIMUM vibration

I just cleaned the paint off my original bar ends with various grades of sand paper ending with a fine grit . Now they have the 'brushed steel look', cheap easy and no vibration

If you wanted you could clear lacquer them to keep a really bright shine . If your interested I'll post a piccy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new grips?