CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

New exhaust for my 'cane!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New exhaust for my 'cane!

I took my custom devilbikes exhaust off of the 'cane[sm=sigh.gif]. I didn't want to. But my little brother wants to learn to ride on my ninja250. So the exhaust had to come off so it can be a custom exhaust for it again (it's cheaper and easier than buying stock cans and rejetting again.) But now was the best time I found a yosh 4-2-1 system on ebay and I got it pretty cheap. So now it'll be alittle longer on swapping the front tire[:@]. I couldn't pass it up for $100. The sound is awesome! It's not as loud as before but alot deeper toned. Does anyoneknow if this is an older system? I though all systems for our bikes allowed use of the center stand. But there's no way it'll fit back on my bike. I won't really miss it, but it's nice to have when you're taking wheels off and etc.My radiator sits against the header pipes also. I just put some washers behind the mount to hold it off of them. But if anyone wanted to get an aftermarket sytem I'd go with this one. It's loud enough to be heard but not loud enough to attract attention from the law[sm=smiley20.gif]Anyways here's some pics....

Old 01-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Default RE: New exhaust for my 'cane!

That was a great price if it works well, and it might very well do. Keep aneye on the plug colour so the bike doesn't run lean.The stock downpipes are very restrictive at the exit. I dont thinkthis is a stock yoshi system for the Hurricane though, the middle pipe reminds of an expansion chamber to a 2-stroker.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:23 AM

Wow, I think I need to check my garage becuase I think you stole my old exhaust.

I thought it was alright, but I can't live without the center stand so I got a V&H ssr2. Sound was pretty good, you'll like it. Not sure about the rad, it didn't hit on mine, but I have a 94.

Good find bud.

MDFF

Old 01-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:

It sounds like you have an 90 or newer exhaust on an 87-89 bike, the rear mount is foward on the newer bikes
and has to have a relocation bracket made or welded back further. This is to clear the more rear mounted rider pegs
on the older bikes. This puts the front pipes at squarer angle in the front and the older bikes rads are spaced closer than
the newer bikes. I had this problem with my bike and made a front radiator spacer bracket to move it about 13mm farther
away from the radiator.

The pipe is very simular to the full race Yosh pipe I had on my bike, that I had purchased new in 93.
I don't like pipe for one reason only and thats no use of the centerstand, other than that it's great.

Hope you enjoy it.

Dub

Old 01-20-2007, 02:36 PM

r1000.. The picture showing the mid-pipe looks funny in the picture. It does look like an expansion chamber for a two stroke. But it's just where the 2 headers collect into one. I took the bike out for a short ride(25min) today in 25deg. F. (Burrrr... alittle cold.) But I think the bike ran 100% better than before. I'll check the plugs when it's warmer. But I always though my bike ran really rich anyways. Oh... And the 180 rear tire made a huge difference in turn in! Even with the stock 110 front!

Old 01-20-2007, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck Norris

r1000.. The picture showing the mid-pipe looks funny in the picture. It does look like an expansion chamber for a two stroke. But it's just where the 2 headers collect into one. I took the bike out for a short ride(25min) today in 25deg. F. (Burrrr... alittle cold.) But I think the bike ran 100% better than before. I'll check the plugs when it's warmer. But I always though my bike ran really rich anyways. Oh... And the 180 rear tire made a huge difference in turn in! Even with the stock 110 front!
Ok, I see. Well then you did a real good buy, congrats ! I've ordered a full system to my Bird, it is half the normal price here in Sweden but still $1000 [:-]I wished it was one houndred instead like yours.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Yeah the cost for a new system is expensive! That's why I made my own slip-on before. But for the price I couldn't pass up this system. Ebay has some real bargains on it. As long as you can wait until what you want shows up. I look everyday. 90% of the time it's the same old stuff. But sometimes it's got alittle damage though. My pipe has only one scratch that won't polish out, the back of the can is dented from the axle bolt bottoming out on it, and the header has a little surface rust. But it's better than the $419 for the same system new.