CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

new to cbr's but i got one now

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new to cbr's but i got one now

ORIGINAL: XXCBRChrisXX

sorry about the name calling sure ill get some pics of my ravaged rearend come on sunny sequim....get sunny

Damn you Weather Channel!!!!,and my speedo
Is that Sequim as in Sequim Washington????

Old 02-21-2007, 12:59 PM

yes sequim washington im the new black/grey bike terrorizeing the town...lol

Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 PM

Ha ha.... Sequim... Gods little waiting room....
My dad lives over there. Says it always sunny. Except when I come across the pond, it's raining..... hmmmm.
So can anyone else on the list besides you and I pronounce "Sequim"??? LOL

Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM

i doubt they can pronounce it captain it was sunny today but i had to take the bus because i had an art project with me.

hey trips so this plastic cover your telling me about this is probly whats screwin up my speedo and i can access it from my under my cover for the frount sprocket
is this like a plastic gear type deal thats striped out? i dont see what this thing does yet or as to how it stops my transmission sending unit from turning. as it sounds like a cover..

please enlighten me!! thank you wise australian

Old 02-22-2007, 02:06 AM

heres some pics of the dirty bike..............hmm that didnt work...[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-22-2007, 02:37 AM

ORIGINAL: XXCBRChrisXX

i doubt they can pronounce it captain it was sunny today but i had to take the bus because i had an art project with me.

hey trips so this plastic cover your telling me about this is probly whats screwin up my speedo and i can access it from my under my cover for the frount sprocket
is this like a plastic gear type deal thats striped out? i dont see what this thing does yet or as to how it stops my transmission sending unit from turning. as it sounds like a cover..

please enlighten me!! thank you wise australian
Let me chime in. The plastic gear that Trips refers to is mounted inside the sprocket cover. One side of the gear fits over the bolt that holds the sprocket in place. The other end of the gear fit onto the lower end of the speedo cable. In the fight of the steel sprocket bolt versus the plastic speedo gear, the bolt always wins. Here'sa a pic of it:
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_03...mp;parent=5440

It's #17 'Joint, speedometer' and costs all of $5.50

Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 AM

ok i made the pics way way too big!!!! ill retake them tomorrow in a non 2000x2000x16 something ill try to get them smaller

that or i can foward you the big pics if you want let me know........................ lol gods little waiting room....so true...there distroying the place out here

we got a walmart and a homedepo now its horrible!!!!! we just lost like 100 acres of feilds to these guys and for what a petsmart some verison cell phone place

and get this....starbucks coffee drivethrough . ohwell yea pictures latter

Old 02-22-2007, 11:03 PM

Hey Sequim Chris man.........sorry I got you beat. Today was the first day on my '96 (I think they only came out with the black/grey/yellow in '96) I picked it up for $2900 with 14,600 miles and no mechanical problems whatsoever. I'm originally from Edmonds and recently saw a '96 CBR on craigslist up there, somewhere on the peninsula (Silverton, Bremerton???) Did you buy that one?? BTW I know how to pronounce Sequim.........and Dosewallips, and ..........COUPEVILLE!!! My brother lives up the road by the John Wayne marina (is that Palo Alto Rd??) I'll tell him to keep an eye out for you. Anyway smooth ride isn't it?? I'm going with soft bags, possibly from Chase Harper........

Old 02-23-2007, 02:43 AM

you bastard..!!!!!!! its a bucket of nails for palo alto !! nah not really yea its the one from shelton near not silverton thats silverdale your thinking of

damn you and your good way better than mine deal... is yours atleast scratched up good? please please...lol

Hey other guys anyone know how to get that plastic part out>? do you just yank it out or is there another way...thanks

ill order that tomorrow along with a K&N since i found out how....crap that screw.....damn it.......anyways found out how to get the air filter out and its dirty as heck and looks like a uncleanable...or very hard to clean so its k&N time

whats the people think about k&n filters?

Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 AM

All right I'll spill and admit that it was dropped at low low speed on it's left side in it's past. But the scratches are only visible from closer than maybe 5 ft. Has Vance and Hines pipes, otherwise totally stock. This weekend the oil get's dumped and I should check that air filter in case it's like yours. I'll be up in the NW later this spring, I'll let you know and we'll run up to Hurricane Ridge or something.