CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

New bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bike

Hello all
Today I am both happy and a little bit sad.
Sad because I have sold my CBR and happy because I bought a FJR 1300. (-04 with Leo Vince slip ons)
I would like to thank R1000 for his advice in this matter and it looks like this bike was perfect for a tall guy like me.
First impressions of the FJR:
It´s a COMPLETELY different bike, first of all it feels lighter and more easy to turn
The rider position is upright which feels very strange since I always have leaned forward on all my bikes but it still feels like your in control
The speed feels less, fast driving was more "fast" on the CBR.

Well anyway I´m gonna hang around this forum anyway because its a nice attitude and will get back with more comparisons between the bikes later when I have drove it more

Cheers

Edit: forgot to mention the brakesomg the brakes... its wonderful

Old 06-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Default RE: New bike

Great ! I 'm sure you will be happy with such a fine motorcycle. If I remember right there was some important upgrades on the -04. Looking forward to hear your further impressions.Is Tomtom in place yet?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:36 PM

No not yet but it will be soon. However I´m having some problems with it. The charging when on the bike (CBR)seems to bee loose somewhere. It goes on and off. I will look deeper into that later. Now I want to drive the whole weekend.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:35 AM

Congratulations is in order!! Hope you enjoy your new machine!!I think you will miss your CBR sooner than later!!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:57 AM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! Too bad you changed brand though! Where did your CBR end up? I hope you told the buyer about this forum! I have tested the FJR, it actually wheelies a lot easier then the CBR, but I did not like the on/off feeling when giving throttle from idle, but I guess Yamaha may have fixed that on later models, I think it was a -02 I tested.
I´m a Honda nerd, and a Super Blackbird would be my first choise, not the FJR, but that´s just me...

Old 06-29-2007, 05:08 PM

Hello mikeop and thanks!
The FJR isa result of a discussion on this forum regarding what could be a good solution for the different problems that I had with the CBR (i.e *** and wrist pain). Me being 195cm but still wants good performance and not to much goldwing. My first choice was the blackbird (which is also cheaper than the FJR) but we agreed that it was too much leaning forward for my wrist.
Theese first days with the FJR I have felt like a jerk sitting upwards but the driving has been the same as with the CBR.
I have driven the same roads and curves as with the CBR and the FJR delivers.
Me recently being on track it was an easy thing to get rid of the untouched part in the edge of the tires. (in Swedish its called skrajrand I dont know the word in English)
It´s a really nice bike.
The throttle thing that you talk about is the same with mine, it stalls a bitwhen throtteling to much from idle but in real life it doesnt matter.

Edit: inserted link to many helpful comments from the forum in this matter.
https://cbrforum.com/m_278206/tm.htm

Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 PM

Congrats on the FJR! I had a 2005 ABS model.
Yes I sold it, and yes I bought an older CBR. Let's just say that there was one big reason and a bunch of little reasons why I sold it. The big one was unemployment. No funds... no fun.
There was a number of smaller issues with the FJR that annoyed me. So when somebody offered to buy it, I took the cash and never looked back!
I guess that's why they make lot's of different bikes.
Don't get me wrong the FJR is a fine bike, it just wasn't for me.

Me recently being on track it was an easy thing to get rid of the untouched part in the edge of the tires. (in Swedish its called skrajrand I dont know the word in English)
We call those "Chicken Strips".. LOL