CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Need more ummmph

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more ummmph

Whilst i like my 1000fx just fell like it's missing a bit or ummph

is there a quick fix to get more hp like a 4 into one and a jet kit or is it not worth it?

Old 04-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Default RE: Need more ummmph

Keep in mind thatyou will have to lose something somewhere to gain that extra juice.
I have found that riding at higher rpms, closer to redline, summonsmore power than I need. Pipes are dual yoshis when I bought it, and I dont know if that has got anything to do with it.Imhoif you can go from zero tospeed limit in first gearthensave that money.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 AM

a full(stainless?)yoshi or motad lets it "breathe" nicely and appears to give better power.
the motad also has the benifit of larger bore down pipes tho getting the lower fairing to close without melting is a pain.
it also has a great sound thats quiet and smooth at low revs and wails at high revs.
not sure about yoshi but would presume they also went for bigger downpipes.
playing with sprocket ratio's also give a new range of power usage,depends on how u ride.
dont think theres an easy way to improve torque its all about revs whatever u do.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 AM

A quick and cheap fix is to change the front gear from 17 to 16 teeth. That will increase the torque on the rear wheelby 6+ % on all gears. The top speed will be about the same (255 km/hour) but the mileage will go down a little.

I f you can live with a louder bike you can gain about 10 hp by changing to a full system, slip-ons works fine to but will only give about 5 hp. Even though 5 hp doesn't sound much, it is aquite noticeable change.

In case you have to remove the cylinder head at any time, it can be a good idea to clean up the production flaws in runners and combustions chambers. A mild street porting, which can be done DIY, will add 5 to 10% extra power and torque. http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.aspx

Another fix is to install a 4-degree ignition advancer that will improve the throttle response and add like 2 or 3 horses.

If you want to to drive faster, and the stock bike is not the limiting factor on twisty roads for most of us, you should visit a track and practice withan instructor.