CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Mt Rainier day ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mt Rainier day ride

A friend and I took off for a little day trip (about 300 miles) around Mt Rainier. It was a beautiful day and I took a buch of pictures so I thought I would share some of our fantastic scenery and some also some gratuitous shots of the CBR.
We started out going down highway 7 and connected with 123 up to Paridise. A few stops for pictures and a snack then down the other side to Packwood for lunch. After lunch we went took of for the back side of the mountain and went up to Sunrise in the high meadows. After that we continued around the east side and followed hwy 410 around back to Enumclaw. We got to see the moutain from all four sides. The glaciers and huge ice caves were clearly visable as you can see in the pictures.
Our mountian passes have been compared to the Alps, except maybe we have far more RV's and SUV's clogging the road.
All in all it was a fun trip.
Next maybe it will be Mt St. Helens, our resident active valcano!

If this makes loading the page too painful for you dial up people, let me know and I'll post links instead.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Default RE: Mt Rainier day ride

Looks like a lots of nice scenery. I live in Central Oregon and their is a lot of scenery that looks like that around here. Makes for an awsome ride. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CO, now i'm jelous!!!!!!! I haven't been up to raindeer, for years !!!!!!! what a ride!!!! Thanks for share'n. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-08-2006, 07:41 AM

I get tears in my eyes. Beautiful.
Thanks!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Noe

That is just sooo beautiful natur!!! I gotta visit the states some dag and see all that myself... purhaps live out that old dream of crossing America on a CBR

I can see that you got the vario spoiler on your windscreen. What do you think of it ?

Old 08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Captain, there are a lot of threads geared toward the sport side of the sport/touring title.
It’s always a pleasure to see someone enjoying the touring side of the bike.
Good job! Great Thread. That’s what the bike is all about.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:28 PM

That is just sooo beautiful natur!!! I gotta visit the states some dag and see all that myself... purhaps live out that old dream of crossing America on a CBR
What's stopping you? Obviously it's a big undertaking even for a US citizen. I think the biggest problem is where to go and what to see. You could cross the states four or five times and not see everyhitng that needs to be seen to be appreciated.

I can see that you got the vario spoiler on your windscreen. What do you think of it ?
I really like it. At 6'3" it really helps get the wind up and over me. I get nice quiet air instead of the buffeting of the stock screen. And I can put the litttle spoiler down and get some air onto my body if I want.

Captain, there are a lot of threads geared toward the sport side of the sport/touring title.
It’s always a pleasure to see someone enjoying the touring side of the bike.
Good job! Great Thread. That’s what the bike is all about.
My road rippin' days are behind me. Time to settle daown and enjoy the ride and the scenery. We are blessed here on the left bank with some of the best riding in country, if not the world. From the pacific coast to the mountains, the desert of Southern California to the wilderness of Alaska. The hard part is picking a destination and finding the time.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Noe

[quote]ORIGINAL: Captain Obvious

What's stopping you? Obviously it's a big undertaking even for a US citizen. I think the biggest problem is where to go and what to see. You could cross the states four or five times and not see everyhitng that needs to be seen to be appreciated.

Money my freind, money... A trip to the states from the Scandinavia isn't cheap. But fear not, the vikings will return one day :-)

Old 08-08-2006, 05:48 PM

Ha... money! Yeah it's the same thing that keeps me from touring Europe. I just hope that someday both of us win the lottery so we can experience each others culture's and countries!
Oh and if I do see a Viking here, I'll buy him a beer!

Old 08-08-2006, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Captain Obvious

Ha... money! Yeah it's the same thing that keeps me from touring Europe. I just hope that someday both of us win the lottery so we can experience each others culture's and countries!
Oh and if I do see a Viking here, I'll buy him a beer!
Maybe a group ride to Poulsbo before the weather turns? Good "pretend trip" to Scandinavia and some good roads along the way.

Quick Reply: Mt Rainier day ride