CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Moving on... Sell or Trade-in?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moving on... Sell or Trade-in?

$3700AUD that is... $4228NZD

yeah I'm happy, I paid $3800 for it 2 years ago. Spent a bit on it mind you but it was worth it for the experience of owning and riding it. I shall look on CBRF's with much fondness.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Carl - Do the right thing - give "added value" to the new owner ..... give them an intro to this forum so we can look after them..

Let us know what you end up getting as replacement..

Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 AM

Hi Carl.

Sorry about the highjack, i'm new to forums etc. Next time i'll make sure to start my own, lol...

Thats a good price. Sounds like you didn't lose too much at all. How much did you spend on her while you had it. I tried to look at your pics but tono avail.

Cheers.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 AM

g'day all again... LOL no probs Bazman & CBRclassic re threadjacking!

The new owner is a young lady around 25 years of age... I don't think she's ever touched a computer except for what's required in school these days so doubtfull she'll be online for any forum contribution, infact she's going off to join the army and wanted simple transport. She isn't an overly well built lady so told her to take it easy for a while till she gets used to the CBR1000F!! Her dad ended up taking it home for her.

Here's some parting shots of the ol girl (bike not the new owner!):
http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...0/DSC_0004.jpg
http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...0/DSC_0002.jpg
http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...0/DSC_0994.jpg
http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...0/DSC_0995.jpg

Sad to see it go but it is time for me to move on and get something a little more comfortable... speaking of which today I put a deposit on my new ride:

http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...300/CB1300.jpg

2006 model CB1300S - all I can say is it's very nice, not a mark on it and the motor is scarily quiet, even with the micron muffler... You can put your ear up to the motor and can hear the pistons going up and down - no clattering, rattling or anything! The exhaust is quiet until you crack the throttle open then you have that nice deep throaty bark, but at idle you can hardly even tell it's running. Modern technology! My misses is going to take me back to Adelaide next Thursday to pick it up. Can't wait! Christmas has come early for me!

I almost brought a 2005 Yamaha XVS1100 but just couldn't bring myself to have a cruiser as my main mount... maybe when I turn 40 in 8 years time, this CB can last me till then.

Thanks again for all your support guys over the couple years I owned my CBRF. I'll stay subscribed to new incoming threads for a while yet... even though my new bike is missing the R out of CBR there's still tones of practical stuff on here!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can change your bike, doesn't mean you change your friends !
We can still find all kinds of things for your new baby, parts, workshop manuals etc etc.
Visit often !

Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the warm words Shadow...

Well I picked up the CB1300 on Thursday and rode it home to Berri from Adelaide (around 230km) which gave me some time to get acustomed to the new beast. Part of me thought 'what the hell have I done!', you don't realise what you have in such a bike like the CBR1000F till you have something else to compare it to!

The CB1300 did feel lighter to ride and being more upright for my build and frame is much better, the actual weight to move around by foot feels heavier though, probably because it is slightly taller to straddle.

Powerwise this thing is a freight train! Not alot of power over 5,000rpm but below that it's hold on time when you open the throttle anywhere from 1,500rpm... perfect on the highway for top gear overtaking!

My only whinge so far is the excessive vibration in the motor... reading back over the Honda sales pitch text they say things like "...the CB's frame carries the engine in a composite 3-point mounting system that utilises a single rear rubber mount to transfer an exhilarating thrum of midrange vibration to the rider that viscerally emphasises its feel of performance..." It's more like an annoying, feet and butt numbing vibration that loosens anything in your middle body section. They should used these things as remedial therapy for anyone who has problemsnot having'free bowell movements'... it does wonders to really empty things! [sm=insomnia.gif]

Aparently the engine vibration can be a real issue with these big thumpers so I might go over and visit the Honda mechanic in the next town who happens to own one too. See if he thinks it's excessive or not, if not then I guess I'll have to get use to it... But I do miss the smoothness of the CBRF!!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

From memory your new bike has the "Backlash adjuster" the same as CBR1000F & Blackbird.

See here for adjustment on vibration...

https://cbrforum.com/m_161016/tm.htm

Have fun

Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 PM

HiNaga_Thai, yeah that was my first port of call to check, it was perfectly set were it was originally, I couldn't improve it any.