CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

motorcycle clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorcycle clubs?

My wife asked me about a club called coast 2 coast. Has anyone heard of them. We are in Southern California. I have no clue if they are regional or local. Anyway she wants to check them out and I never heard of them. I am kind of picky about who I ride with when it comes to large groups so I wanted to check them out. A husband of a co worker is hers rides with them.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Default RE: motorcycle clubs?

I hate riding with groups. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I ride with a select few individuals (and my girlfriend) and that is it. Sorry if this sounds snobbish, but you need to prove that you should be worthy of riding with me. I don't want to spend time in the hospital because some asshat decides to be a squid and do a wheelie or a stoppie and take out a bunch of others., me included. This is based on experience.
Like eveything, YMMV, but group rides are notorious for stupid behavior.
Once again I don't mean to sound like a snob. It's just my $0.02

Old 08-18-2007, 01:21 AM

I am with Stay Cat riding in groups on sports bikesis a disaster waiting to happen 1 to 4 is my max and till know how they ride a big gap.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:48 AM

It's good to ride with or joina club if you're in to making new "riderfriends" but like stray cat and weekendrider says,much bigger risk for disaster in big groups.Of course if everybody rides with dicipline and don't do foolish things,but there are always "brainless" drivers.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:07 AM

As you can see there's good & bad with club rides. Heaps to learn, friends to make etc. For me I'm not good in crowds so clubs are not for me. Pick what's best for you, take your time & learn how the others you ride with operate. If it's not what you want say goodbye & re evaluate. Hope you find the club your after & they are what you want.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Stray Cat

I hate riding with groups. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I ride with a select few individuals (and my girlfriend) and that is it. Sorry if this sounds snobbish, but you need to prove that you should be worthy of riding with me. I don't want to spend time in the hospital because some asshat decides to be a squid and do a wheelie or a stoppie and take out a bunch of others., me included. This is based on experience.
Like eveything, YMMV, but group rides are notorious for stupid behavior.
Once again I don't mean to sound like a snob. It's just my $0.02
what you are talking about is just the kind of thing I am worried about. Some clubs have a reputation of being stupid in a no stubid zone.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 AM

If you want to check it out, try staying on the fring for a while and observe the others. Most of the time you'll be able to spot the trouble makers and steer clear. Also ride sweep. Stay in the back. Like way in the back. You'll be able to observe the behavior of the others and pick the people that you might want to ride with in the future. Get their names and email addys and ping them individually for short rides first, then if things work out, longer rides.
It's kind of like dating . You know it may seem like love at first sight, then you get to know the person... or visa versa.
At any rate. always make sure that you ride your own ride Don't fall into the "I can keep up or out ride that guy" trap. And don't forget how to ride either. Keep your sight distance and look through the corners. I've seen people follow each other off the road, by target fixating on the guy right in front of them. [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 PM

from so cal. check out http://www.socal-sportbikes.com/xmb/index.php

Old 08-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree with the guys. Not only do people do stupid thing purposely, they do stupid things without trying. When you are with a group, you go to the restaurants they want to go to and leave when the slowest rider couple finishes their meal. You then wait for them to slowly put on their helmet and gloves. You may be ready to hit the road providing that someone, mentioned my second sentence, does not dump their bike in the parking lot which is a 45-minute ordeal. After lets say 30 minutes on the road someone will need fuel and you pick them out as the weakest link because they have the smallest tank. Just when you think you are finally rolling along, someone or his or her passenger needs a break. When you get rolling along after all that, you find yourself spread out all over the highway blocking traffic behind you because you are traveling well under the speed limit. You find yourself behind that guy in the second sentence and he is riding the break and is taking up the entire lane, at which point you look in the rear view mirror and see his buddy on your *** and pray the knuckle head in front of does not jam on the breaks.

I will let your imagination figure out what happens at traffic lights and stop signs.

I think 4 riders is the max number. 5 may be pushing it.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:16 AM

I agree with that statement!!! I ride for a bike club in South Africa called Ravens and at first I thought it was cool!! Now it irritates me!! I barley ride with them!! Me and my Buddy on his GSXR 1000 and no one els!!

I dropped my bike because of an *** doing a wheelie in riding formation!!

Quick Reply: motorcycle clubs?