CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Mirror search is now over......

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror search is now over......

Well, it's taken a good few months to find a replacement set of mirrors for my '88 1KF .... but now I have some!!! WoooHooo! Don't ya just love Fleabay??? Got all my plastics just about sorted, after she fell off the paddock stand back in May this year... It was my own fault and really messy & I'd rather not talk about it! Haha! (plastics spent months in the body shop getting sorted by a "mate" who left the company and "forgot" to tell me!!! .... Could do with a screen, if anyone has one going spare in the UK at a reasonable price, as I still need to introduce the exisiting screen to the delights of Mr Superglue???

Sorry to have been "below the radar" for the last few months ... a lot of stuff going on "job wise" etc ..... Anyway, just gotta get some new front indicators fitted and the fork seals sorted now and an MOT test, and I'm back on the road after just under a year in hibernation!

Just in time for the Winter here in the UK .... Oh crap!!!! Hahaha!

Old 11-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to see you back, Shakey.
I buy loads of stuff for my bike and other things on e-Bay.
Not easy to find Mk1 mirrors in good order. Nice one !

Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 AM

Shakey,

I got a dark smoke screen i could give you, just contact me by P.m. it will be a pleasure, in fact i have two fo those depending on what you want.

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Shakey, welcome back to the land of the living! Did you get permission from Uncy Pee Pee to stay away so long

Yeah perfect timing mate, now you can enjoy those long cold wet rides we all enjoy sooo much

I'll keep an eye out for a MK1 screen, there have been a few on E-bay, shame we didn't know sooner, though maybe if you got all the bits you could mend and paint it.

Are you looking for indicators as well, or do you have those already?

Old 11-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Bugger me if it aint the one only sh...sh.....shaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeey!
Hey man, good to hear from you.
Your mate left the company? Forgot to tell you? Some bloody mate! Ha ha....
So you're all up and running now eh. Excellent! We can do that stomp over the mountain now then. I won't have to send you stupid text messages with rain falling on my iPhone screen.
Get in Shakes, bloody good news.
When you coming down then? There's still a beer in my Fridge with your name on it, or did I drink it? Hmmmm.....
I've got a spare screen but I'm not sure it would fit yours.
Having seen your bike at first hand after the fall, I can't wait to see her relaunched.
Give my regards to the Fylde bikers. I'll definitely come up for another meet next year.
Lob up a pic of the reborn will you. Grin!

Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone!

@ Shadow: Yep! Definately hard to find decent Gen1 mirrors in reasonable condition! It's taken me nearly 7 months to find a pair! .... 7 months and nothing,,,, then 3 pairs of mirrors appear in the space of a week! Haha, bloomin' typical! lol

@ Dragon: Thanks for the offer... pm's are now being exchanged and I think, thanks to you, I now have a screen ... woohoo!

@ Hawk: Hiya matey ... Yep! Got some new front indicators, thanks... Just need to find some spare time to fit them. Once I've got the screen & front indicators fitted, she'll be paying a visit to my local dealer for new fork seals and an MOT test.... Just keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't missed anything else??? lol

@ HenryM: Hahaha ... yeh, we all have mates like that! .... I'm not quite up and running yet, matey... but soon will be, thanks to Dragon stepping in with the kind offer of a screen. I've been lurking in the background, following your escapades over the last few months... seems like I've really missed out on the fun this year... so let's get that beer opened and raise a glass to next season's awesome rideouts!

Last edited by shakey; 11-18-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so let's get that beer opened and raise a glass to next season's awesome rideouts!

AMEN TO THAT !