CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Left-side bike in right-side driving Sweden (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/left-side-bike-right-side-driving-sweden-36520/)

CosmoBob 04-18-2007 12:08 PM

Left-side bike in right-side driving Sweden

I recently got my hands on a UK-model Honda CBR 1000 F. Problem is, I now need to convert the headlights to right-side driving. I guess the only difference is the reflector behind the bulbs? I hoping foran easy, and inexpensive, way of doing the conversion and thus avoiding a cost of approx £200 for a new unit, all inclusive. Has anyone had any experiences with this, or any advice?

I've called some 15 used-parts dealers here in Sweden, but headlights for Hondas seem to me impossible tofind. A couple of dealers said that the lights was the first thing to go...I found one in Germany, but he was asking €175 plus postage.

HeavyCBR 04-18-2007 01:13 PM

RE: Left-side bike in right-side driving Sweden

Why on earth would you have to do anything to the headlight? Right-side drive healights being different than anyother headlight is new news to me.....[X(]

dad 04-18-2007 02:25 PM

I'm aware of the issue but not of any resolution. Do they possibly just light one bulb on low beam without it being a different part? If so, would swapping them work or getting another plug to complete the circuit to the unlit one?

Again, these are just guesses, NO direct knowledge.

XXCBRChrisXX 04-18-2007 02:59 PM

hell with it just drive it mabe damn it im crippled and fridays oging to be sunny....damn your working knee's

rhino94 04-18-2007 07:43 PM

The difference is in the glass. I think you could locate the portion of the structure in the glass which controls this and cover it with tape. Maby you also should switch the lamps so that it is the left light which is the "halvljus" Call the Swedish "bilprovningen" and ask.

collector 04-18-2007 07:59 PM

I was'nt aware that there was any diffence on this model as it is onlya singlelense and bulb. The ajustment for aiming the light is at the back of the light. If you do that then you should be ok.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Dean0 04-19-2007 08:52 AM

For Europe the lights are marked with an "E" and a small arrow to indicate which way the light dips to on low beam.

European regs require the light to dip towards the kerb ( sidewalk )

The high beam has no direction - it points straight ahead

When you use the adjusters for the light - you should set the light on high beam and the low beam is set by the glass deflector.

forx 04-20-2007 02:59 PM

with cars its down to the glass pattern,the lines in the glass cutting off the dip beam to to the relevant roadside,.
must admit my beam appears to spread across the road centrally so cant see it'd be different for left or right driving.
Do side stands have to be different?,ie leaning bike inwards with the flow of traffic.
god knows,theres soo many potty rules i just ignore most of them.