Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LED headlight globes

2 x Car 120 LED SMD Xenon-Blue Bulbs H4 Fog/Day Light | eBay

Has anyone tried these ?
Any good ?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried a set in my taillights of my truck and the were garbage, Very weak.
There were less LED's but they were also Bigger.

I personally wouldn't trust them.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

They say fog/day, they don't say driving. You could replace just one and have fog on one side and driving on the other but I wouldn't.

I don't know Shadow, I don't think the technology for LED driving lights is there yet. I do have LEDs in the rear of two of my bikes. I don't know what's the other.

Projector lamps seam to be the thing up front. Just fitted my daughters VW with some.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Thanks -I thought as much - I guess I'll stay with the blue halogens I've been using for the last 5 years. I have to replace them every two years or so, and it's about that time. I saw some other very pricey bulbs the other day that are supposed to look like rainbows through the headlight glass when the bike is switched off, but they were pretty pricey, at around $15 each plus postage. They do have a lifetime guarantee though which is something...........

Old 09-06-2011, 06:39 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headlamp upgrade?

Hi,
Were you looking to upgrade your headlight power?

I recently fitted an HID Bi-xenon kit to my CBR1000F as has Harry_T_Hamster and HenryM, plus others I guess.

These are brilliant at getting you noticed due to the 'white' light and a big improvement for night riding.

Cheers

Rick

Old 09-07-2011, 10:23 AM

A big help is to have them pointing in the right direction.
While sitting on the bike have someone hold a board in front of the front tire and draw a line across it where the light hits it while using the high beam.

Move the board out on a level surface 15-20 ft or 3-5 m. The light should hit the line. If not you need to come up or down. Low beam will fall in place when the high is adjusted.

I had to do this with my bike. The beam was pointed in the dirt.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM

i bought a set for my foglights on my car, they barely put out any light, but look bright when ur looking at them

Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Welcome Crew

Shadow, those bulbs you are lookng at make geat camp lights, I use one mounted in a h/d mining spec flood light enclosure(got it cheap) they draw less than .5 of an amp so don't run your batteries flat. They would be useless as headlights, the new 3w and 10w leds are a different story, amazing light output but very expensive, hids are a cheaper option than them at the moment.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 AM

^ those bulbs you are looking at make great camp lights.
Funny but true.

I have LED flashlights that are blinding. I guess the reflector has to be designed to the LED specs also.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Originally Posted by Shadow
Thanks -I thought as much - I guess I'll stay with the blue halogens I've been using for the last 5 years. I have to replace them every two years or so, and it's about that time. I saw some other very pricey bulbs the other day that are supposed to look like rainbows through the headlight glass when the bike is switched off, but they were pretty pricey, at around $15 each plus postage. They do have a lifetime guarantee though which is something...........
Hey:

Shadow put in some mini balast Hids, they really light up no light or very blackened, low viz roads. I would think they would be just the thing in your neck of the Savana. They last a lot longer than those Halogens you are using now so long term would be more cost effective. BTW cheap LEDs suck, the new 10mm 10w+ superbrights that do work, are way too expensive right now, compared to Hids

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 10-21-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply: LED headlight globes