Default RE: Kia Ora from NZ

Bloody inflation.....

Old 11-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bazman

Hi Bytor.

Welcome from a fellow kiwi.

Good to have another kiwi to keep the aussies in line....

These guys are a wealth of knowledge and always happy to help or put their 2c in...

Thats a tidy looking bike. One thing a would ask the buyer about is the mileage as these are in miles and not k's. Check to see if he converted it in the ad otherwise its closer to 60800 k's. And our NZ ownership papers don't say which it is either.

What part of NZ are you?

Cheers and good luck with the bike..
PS: If it dosen't happen, mine's up for sale soonish...

Barry.

Hi Barry,

Mileage is confirmed at 24k miles so 38k kilometres.
Like most kiwi's I'm stuck in 'Dorkland', but would love to move out to Napier, Nelson or Tauranga if only the wages were better!!
Back to the bike, the owner is getting a new WOF done this week and some rego put on it, after which I'll take her for a spin. Plus once the WOF is done and I know that the bike is not a ****ter it leaves me in a stronger position to bargain with him if he's desperate for a sale b4 moving over the ditch.
Still not sure about the small holes in the underside of the mufflers that were letting out gas/condensation - anyone have any ideas or is this how the muffllers are?

Had a wee chat with the seller of a '94 locally as well, again low mileage (20k kiloms!) yesterday. He bought it from Red (Robber) Baron here in Auckland three years ago and has put less than 2k on her...what is wrong with these people, we have roads here that have been described as the eigth wonder of the world (UK Bike mag) and no-one's riding the CBR's on them. Again though he has offered me a test ride which naturally I will accept. These CBR owners are very trusting people!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most 1KF owners are older guys, but would probably want some form of security from a young rider.
Trusting ? Yes, but he knows that once you've ridden it, and love the bike as much as we all do, he has a better chance of selling it.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:22 AM

+1 Shadow.

As soon as I rode my first one back in 1990, I was hooked....

Yeah our roads are great.... The Napier-Taupo rd is one of my favourites... Plus I do recall seeing 270kph on the Takapau Plains back in the day.... Less cops...

MMM... That 94 with 20k's sounds good. Is that on Trade me also...
I've been watching a few to guage how much to sell mine for.

Where in Auck do you live?

I did a stint at the Waipuna Conference centre as a Chef a few years ago and lived in Mt Wellington and Takapuna.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow

Most 1KF owners are older guys, but would probably want some form of security from a young rider.
Ha Ha if being 43 is is still 'young' then I'll happily pay a security.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Bazman

+1 Shadow.

As soon as I rode my first one back in 1990, I was hooked....

Yeah our roads are great.... The Napier-Taupo rd is one of my favourites... Plus I do recall seeing 270kph on the Takapau Plains back in the day.... Less cops...

MMM... That 94 with 20k's sounds good. Is that on Trade me also...
I've been watching a few to guage how much to sell mine for.

Where in Auck do you live?

I did a stint at the Waipuna Conference centre as a Chef a few years ago and lived in Mt Wellington and Takapuna.

Yes it is a great road although I never had the pleasure of riding it just driving the cage over it. We are based in Howick, so are close to the great Eastern roads of the Puhutakawa coast leading to the Miranda straights and onto to Coromandel loop.
270kph! Yes there are roads here that kind of encourage you to scoot a bit faster eh!
Yes the '94 is on Tardme - Purple/Black

Old 11-18-2008, 01:43 AM

We have a purple and black one for sale here in the bay... Not my choice of colour... [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Its on Trade me also but I guess your like me and watching them all. Lol....

I've given the speed a break.... One more ticket and i'm walking for 3 months.....

Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 AM

Oh well CBR ownership has taken a bit of a setback[:@]

I did a Vehicle history check on the '91 that I had been interested in and it pulled up a few concerns regarding the actual mileage[sm=headbang.gif]
In 1996 the recorded mileage was 9k in 1999 the mileage was recorded at 16k now in between the mileage for the annual road worthy inspection was recorded at......111k!!
Now seeing as the following years shows the mileage going up in very small steps I'm confident that someone has added an extra digit by mistake when recorded the odo reading...maybe.
The other concern is that is shows the odo has not changed in over the last 2 years showing the same recorded reading in Aug 2006 as it did yesterday when it passed it's WOF (Warrent of Fitness). Clearly the speedo/odo is not working or it has been disconnected. Either way the owner did not tell me of this so unless he comes up with a reasonable explanation and accepts a stupidly low offer for the bike then he is history, or should I just tell him to F off?[sm=shootshoot.gif]

I then made an appointment to check out the '94 model nearby only for the owner to call me on route to say that he couldn't find the keys as it had been so long since he had ridden the bike...agghhhh I give up with some people. Might have to jump ship and buy a Yamaha FZR1000, at least the owners that I have been in touch with have appeared genuine or is that a [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 11-19-2008, 04:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about the thread jacking but everytime I see the name Bytor it makes me think *snowdog*.