CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

KBC FFR Modular Helmet

Old 04-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KBC FFR Modular Helmet

FYI- Picked up a set of new KBC FFR helmets for me and the Mrs. Looked nice in the shop and thought the modular was the way to go as we wear specs all the time. I considered the Nolan N102's. We wanted an intercom system also but felt their system was a bit pricey.
Upon removing my helmet from the box I found a "spare part". Turned out to be one of the chin latches locking bar just fell out of it's slot. Strike One. That shook confidence pretty hard. I called the shop and got a replacement. Next I set about installing the MotoComm ST-1 intercom system in both the helmets. Had trouble locating the speakers where we wanted them. They need to be right over the center ear to be heard when air noise gets louder at speed but the padding was in the way. While installing in my helmet I had the plastic trim at the release latch fall off in my hand. Looked like the glue job was bad. Next I found one of the screens that covers a front vent was about to jump ship as well. Another crap hot-melt glue job. Strike Two.My wifes helmet had no issues.
On the road test we found the intercom system useless above 50mph. It was fine in previous helmets. (ICON Alliance and HJC CL11). I expected more wind noise from the modular style as there is just more gaps and things to make air noise, but this was too much.Strike Three.

Helmets returned to SPORT TOUR, LTD. with no problems. I have ordered 2 new ICON's, non- modular.