CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Just had it with cagers!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/just-had-cagers-157551/)

Red Baron 05-07-2018 06:06 PM

Just had it with cagers!!!

Last few rides, I have been scared beyond. People on the phones are everywhere and more distracted than ever.
I have had now 2 near frontal accidents on people swaying into my lane. I am riding close to the curb at any time I see incoming traffic. I just bought this camera set up and will post pictures of it this week.
I don't like Go Pro style camera on helmets or on the bike. I don't blog, so all I need is a good recording of front and back on my rides.
https://motoprocam.com/

jarvid 05-08-2018 01:06 AM

Sorry to hear your troubles, nice camera set up, hope it only gets used for fun vidoes, not evidence.

rockpool 05-08-2018 01:42 AM

Riding in the kerb gives you nowhere to go, and encourages people with no idea what they are doing to stray into your space.

Own your lane.

You should be right in the centre, you have as much right to be there as anyone else.

74demon 05-08-2018 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by rockpool (Post 1314101)
Riding in the kerb gives you nowhere to go, and encourages people with no idea what they are doing to stray into your space.

Own your lane.

You should be right in the centre, you have as much right to be there as anyone else.

You have a right to be there, but rights won't protect you from stupid or ignorant drivers. The middle of the lane is the worst place to ride. That's where all the fluids get leaked and debris ends up. The best place to be is where the car tires travel and constantly clean the path.

Keep visible by not riding where they can't see you, keep your head up and be ready to react, and leave enough room for evasive action. Things always happen out there. It's just the nature of our beast. Don't engage drivers these days. Just twist the throttle a bit more and get on with your life.

TimBucTwo 05-08-2018 08:58 AM

Write to your law makers to have stiffer punishments for texters. Here in NYS texting will get you 5 points, 10 points is lose of license.

My son was almost taken out buy a guy texting not to long ago. He stopped at a stop sign and a texting guy behind him didn't see him 'til the last minute. He dropped the phone and swerved right and ended up on the sidewalk to my sons right even with the stop sign. If there were someone walking on the sidewalk, it would have been my son or the person walking.

My son is afraid of ridding now because he has had to many incidents of texting driver close calls. And that's with some stiff penalties and fines.
These people WILL NOT STOP.

Red Baron 05-08-2018 06:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the photos, super easy installation.
Can't wait for the weekend to test ride it.

Hawkwind2016 05-08-2018 10:40 PM

Sorry to hear your woes Red Barron.

I travel to the States a lot (from the UK), with my work.

From the airport I go by bus, which gives me a good view into the cars that pass by.

It is scary, how many people are on their phones, texting or talking, paying no heed to the road ahead.

Ride safe my friend :icon_gunhead:

pcmaher 05-14-2018 07:49 AM

I share your concern. My commute is thick with other commuters in cages. And the ride home is the real scary bit. Lots of cages, lots of stop and go traffic and that of course means people pull out their phones. In the last 2 years, there were rear ender accidents between cages right next to me. I saw them coming and got out of the way in plenty of time. Both of them because of texting and driving. At each and every stop, I am watching the cages behind me to make sure they're stopping. I always stop the the side of the lane, leaving room between me and the cage in front, leave it in gear, with forks pointed to the gap between the cages in front of me. I want an escape route. There are days I get home utterly mentally exhausted from the constant heightened state of vigilance. But, I like being in one piece. Sooo many cage drivers are distracted on their phones. I am amazed that there aren't more accidents.

Be careful my friends!

Rhondasoulsoothinghonda 05-15-2018 05:11 PM

Any chance I get or where possible I’ll split the traffic and make my way to the lights. Can’t get rear ended when your in between two cages and you can also get away from them cages too. If I can’t I’ll do pretty much the same as PC have an escape plan.