CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Intercom systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Noe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Intercom systems

It sounds very interesting. Im about to buy a new helmet anyway as my trusty Arai RX7 is worn out, and I'm kinda hooked on that Nolan with that N-com system, as I would like to try a helmet with front flip for a change, I imagine that it would be nice on warm days in the big city's.

Got a few questions for you waz57:

-How is the wind noise in the helmet at normal / high speed ?(160-200 km/h for the German autobahn)
-What is the fit af the helmet?
-What is the build quality?
-Finally, what is the sound like when listening to music from your IPOD?

Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 PM

Hi Noe

Well I have firstly tried a few different brands of helmets ( have 3 now ) and still like the old SHOEI being as my size is a XXL and the Shoei fits my head comfortably, anyway this Nolan fits just as comfortable as a Shoei I feel, it gives you the feeling of firstly comfort and then support and also the air vents actual work not like other brands, the helmet has a guard under the chin to stop wind rushing up under neath as well and also has a velor chin strap so it doesn't chaff your neck. It will be interesting when I get my phone cable as to how its like on the mobile but I feel sure it will be fine too.

The wind noise yesterday down the highway at 190 ks an hour was good, even when I was powering on to et up to that speed was quite, I don't think you would ever get the rush of wind completely away and I was talking to my wife very easy she actually asked me to turn the volume down as I was yelling it was only mid range ( 4 ) but at that speed the old adrenaline is in full flight.

The build quality is very good I believe the helmet to be in the higher end of the market lovely finish and a added bonus is you have your full visor BUT it is clear ( you can get Dark too ) but on the outside of the visor there is another visor about half the size which acts as a pair of sun glasses so if you are out in the rain at night well lift the first dark visor up and you have full vision or if a car come quickly drop it down so you don't get blinded by headlights.

The sound from the iPod is great not 5.1 quality of course but stereo as there are two speakers inside the helmet which are attached, and at full volume its too loud for my ears I found around say 160 Ks an hour you have it on volume 5 and thats plenty turning it down to say 3 in traffic and all the way for AC/DC on the highway Bat out of Hell !!!

One thing if you are looking at this system ask the dealer to fit it for you it doesn't look too bad inside and hidden but I feel it would have been a challenge and also the instructions are not totally helpful, like you should first place the helmet on your head before turning the on button.

Well I hope this helps you out, my wife bought these for us as we are embarking on a 7 to 8 thou Kls ride at christmas so it should be good.

Wazza

Old 11-17-2006, 07:42 PM

Great sell for nolan. My other half has a coberg hemet and she loves it, and as for the intercom, we use tronic and that seems to work really well which we purchased off ebay. Wont embaress you with the price, but nothing like what you paid. But guess what, The pillion has total control, hence why I'm now very good at humming....Ha ha ha.....

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 PM

Hey no problem with embarrassing me Finally we got a system that works I was willing to pay for it. As for pillion control the N - Com system can be placed in the riders helmet or the Passengers or you can have the control box in each a further $ 99 and its real simple too.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:08 PM

You'll have to let us know how you get on with it over the next few months. Hope it was money well spent. Meanwhile I'm on the hunt for tyres....

Old 11-17-2006, 08:50 PM

Not a problem will do. As for tyres I use Bridges tone Battle axe BT 20 have done over 5,000 Ks all ready and I feel still have about 4 to 5 thou left

Old 11-17-2006, 09:11 PM

Thats good going, I'm mainly having the problem of finding a tyre that fits and suits my style of riding, and with tyre tech changing so fast I get the impression that they forget that there are bikes on the road that are of a good age. The suggestion is to go up 1 size, and the speed rating has changed as well. Dont you just the tyre boyz....

Old 11-17-2006, 09:41 PM

I do about 80 Ks a week to and from work I try and find every corner and if not make a few to lean her over ( Lucky we are big on roundabouts up here ) and on the weekend we do around 500 Ks a lot of highway work my speed averages I normally sit on around 130 on the open road and when I want to overtake she sees 220 a few times so I think the BT 20 suits my riding

Old 11-18-2006, 01:48 PM

Hopefully by the end of this weekend I will have made my choice. Thanks for your help and will let you know how it goes

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 11-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Noe

Hi waz57

Thanks for your answer, looks like I have to give that Nolan a serious chance, when buying a new helmet next spring.

I too would like your thoughts on the helmet, especially when you are home safe from you christmas hollyday.

Noe.

Quick Reply: Intercom systems