CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Honda CBR 1000F Hurricane street fighter project (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/honda-cbr-1000f-hurricane-street-fighter-project-156497/)

HondaHurricane 08-25-2017 04:32 AM

Honda CBR 1000F Hurricane street fighter project

I have had a CBR1000F for about a year now and it has been an amazing motorcycle and runs amazing for its age. Though, I am wanting to do something unique with it, like maybe a street fighter or something along those lines. The fairings were in bad shape when I got the bike and were missing majority of them. With this being said I do not mind doing some modifications to it as I have already put an F4I tail fairing on it which turned out great! I am trying to figure out the look I want and am having a hard time with ideas but I want something that looks aggressive like say a street fighter style but I want a very unique look for the front. I have a buddy who put a vintage gas mask on the front of his with HID headlights shining through the eyes. While I love the look of his I do not want to exactly copy it. I am just looking for suggestions within the CBR world of riders. Also I am having issues posting pictures from my iPhone photo gallery because I would love to show people what I am workin with, so if any knows how to post them through an iPhone that would also be great!

tentacleslap 09-07-2017 10:56 AM

Not my style personally, but I've got one apart right now. If you're sure about going naked you could probably put the old fairings for sale and earn enough to pay for your project, especially if the cowl is repairable, since they are becoming scarce. As far as going naked on the front, it all depends on whether you want a fixed or mobile headlight. If going fixed (cheaper but uglier) you'll have a lot of stuff to cover up. Big ugly fusebox, lots of wiring, oil cooler, horns, gauges. If going mobile (ie headlight mounted to forks) then you'll need to relocate all those parts in order to make it look clean. That's a big job, but not impossible either.

If you're handy, you could fashion some filler pieces to fit between the tank and the frame, since there's an ugly gap. Could probably bomb the engine and covers in black enamel since Honda just left it blank. Filter cones, exhaust wrap, a bit of barbed wire, maybe a gasmask or two, obligatory flat black rattle (prep it or it'll come off the first time you wash it) and presto ratbike. If it were me, I'd mix in some bright colors instead of just blacking it out. Maybe get a graffiti artist to splash the tank and fenders in a wild basecoat/clearcoat while keeping the black gas mask and engine. Could be cool

I would try and avoid cutting anything off until you're sure that you'll like the look, since to be blunt these bikes were not intended to look good naked. That's not to say that people don't ratbike them, and I'm sure some of those guys love em to death. Maybe just not my thing. Hope that helps