CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

A high of 68 tomorrow!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A high of 68 tomorrow!!!!

Here in the U.S. we had snow on saturday and now we have 68 for a high today, cant wait!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:37 AM
Default RE: A high of 68 tomorrow!!!!

Here in South Australia we are in the middle of the worst drought in our history. We are also in the middle of a record breaking heat wave. Tomorrow 100deg. No relief forecast till Tuesday next week. Can't wait till next week

Old 03-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

G'Day Blue ! I looked at 68 degrees, and thought - is that C or F ? He he, At least we can ride in the heat, (if you're mad enough) but I can't find snowshoes for the Hurricane.....It's 15.25 hrs and 35C in my garage.
She'll be right, Mate - winter's coming - wooohoooo !

Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Hi Shadow. I always convert to Fahrenheit because most people on-line relate to it better ..... I think? Where I work I do spend time in temperatures up to 120c 248f. Sounds a lot but it can be done but only for a very short time.
Yes I am crazy enough to ride in extreme heat too. Last Thursday I scorched the inside of my legs just riding home from work. Approx 1/2 hour. But then our winters are cold but not as cold as the blokes & Ladies in Europe. At least we can ride all year round

Old 03-12-2008, 11:30 PM

G'Day Blue ! I also convert to MPH for our American friends......
Mid winters here don't get below around 8C , about 50F, which is what many of the guys and girls in the north would call spring time, as we're sub-tropical. The problem here isn't just the heat, it's the humidity, anything up to 95%, and when you combine it with high temps, it's a killer. Autumn here now, and temps still hit over 35C, around 90F.......it's getting cooler later at night, and early mornings, MUCH BETTER..... Gets colder upcountry, can get down to -8C, about, what, 15F ?

Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: bluebeard

Here in South Australia we are in the middle of the worst drought in our history. We are also in the middle of a record breaking heat wave. Tomorrow 100deg. No relief forecast till Tuesday next week. Can't wait till next week

Yep, its f--ked.... have not ridden my bike for weeks
Use metric dude, the only way to make Americans get into the 21st century 40c tomorow, was 40 yesterday... 38+ last 10 days, 38+ next 6 days D:

Who says global warming is a myth??

Old 03-13-2008, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Coopz

ORIGINAL: bluebeard

Yep, its f--ked.... have not ridden my bike for weeks
Use metric dude, the only way to make Americans get into the 21st century 40c tomorow, was 40 yesterday... 38+ last 10 days, 38+ next 6 days D:

Who says global warming is a myth??
Sounds like air conditioned underware is a requirement in OZ...?...
Saw a pic of South Australia (the bike race) on TV this morning - Very brown, very dry....
doesn't look good for the stockmen.....

Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 AM

sorry , we never caught on to the conversion. anyway it's a high of 70-75 today, beautiful riding weather what ever country your from ecspiecially riding a Hurricane!!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: kdjack25

sorry , we never caught on to the conversion. anyway it's a high of 70-75 today, beautiful riding weather what ever country your from ecspiecially riding a Hurricane!!!!
Yes, true, especially the Hurricane part ! Blue, Coopz and I are talking in the 95-110F range, (in the shade)which is pretty hot, even for us. I've seen 47C (120+F) on my front verandah in the sun. Add humidity to me in Africa, and you're looking at a discomfort level of from 100-115F - that's why we need aircon in the underwear.!! I'll try and remember to convert for you in future, sorry. It's about the same heat the boys in Iraq have to take, every day - as if being at war isn't bad enough.....

Old 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM

Good to see someone else from Adelaide. I'm still commuting to work on the old cane. I'm surprised at the amount of heat that seeps through the gaps in the fairing. Still not as bad as afternoon shift in a glass factory. I'll try to remember to take a thermometer tomorrow & take some readings. I like shadow's idea of air conditioned undies. I jumped into the kids pool today then rode to work wet. Was great for the first few minutes. Then the water got hot. Still better than the tin top. 39.4c 102.9f when I was riding today. Still 33c 91f at midnight. Reminds me of being up north.

Quick Reply: A high of 68 tomorrow!!!!