CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Help: I need a radiator part urgent!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: I need a radiator part urgent!

Hi guys,

I am sorry for the odd request, but I need part for my radiator that broke in my 1990 cbr1000f. It is a plastic fitting that connects 3 hoses of the cooling system, located on the right hand side of the bike. It is the number 19 in the diagram RADIATOR Honda CBR1000F 1990 OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

I already ordered the part from the place above, but it is back order and they don't know how long it will take for them to get it. I have been planning a trip for my wife leaving this Saturday, I can't anything without the bike. I spent the day going to lowes, home depot and similar, trying to find a plumbing replacement but the sizes are different I couldn't find anything that works.

I am wonder if anyone here has this part or know where can I find it quick. I know it is a long shot, but I don't know what to do. I have reservations, a bunch of things prepared for the bike trip, and I have no bike

If anybody can help, please, please let me know. I live in Silver Spring, MD, US.

Thanks in advance,
Javier.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh yes, the dreaded y-piece. If I were you, I would try to take it to an Advance Auto or an AutoZone nearby. They should be able to help you out with something that will work.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Ahh yes, the dreaded y-piece. If I were you, I would try to take it to an Advance Auto or an AutoZone nearby. They should be able to help you out with something that will work.
I thought the same thing. I already went to several advance autoparts and autozone and I could find nothing that will fit. I already find out that pvc won't work because it is usually rated up to 80 Celsius or so. I was wondering if anybody here might have a parts bike that can provide the piece. I can return it, even send the new one, but as I said I am trying to get the bike fixed by Friday.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have several - might be my fault they are back ordered lmf-ao - jk- pm me name and address - new one yours for cost ($18.26) plus shipping

Last edited by Sprock; 07-25-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Have several - might be my fault they are back ordered lmf-ao - jk- pm me name and address - new one yours for cost ($18.26) plus shipping

I usually get accused of hoarding spares for my loved motorbicycles Sprock - but I can see I have an Arch Nemesis across the pond

Well done for your offer!

Cheers, SB

Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Youre a good man!!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah well maybe not so benevolent considering both my 90 & 93 now have stainless
T's in them thanks to my good friend DUB

I have two new ones in oem packaging and 2 used ones from switching out for SS oh
and yeah Malbo even tossed me one the last time we did bidness

So that makes 5 I guess ....lol

Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 PM

Sprock, how does one acquire a stainless steel version?

Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Banned

I'd like to keep a couple in stock as well.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 AM

Ok, so yesterday I received an email from cheap cycles saying they just sent me the part! so it went from back order to shipped in one instant. I did call them before saying that I was in hurry to get it so maybe that actually worked . Sprock, thanks a lot for your offer. I guess now it is better to wait and pray for the part to arrive in time for me to do my trip. Also, yesterday a friend of mine started building a replacement out of an aluminium block, but it looks like it is more difficult than what he thought. In any case, I will also be interested in knowing how do you get a SS replacement. Was it custom made?

In the meanwhile, Sprock, hold on to those parts just in case

Thank you guys again...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help: I need a radiator part urgent!