CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Hello, new to the site

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, new to the site

Hello all from New Zealand.

Not long ago I purchased a 1988 Honda CBR1000FJ, It's done approx. 32,000 miles & pretty immaculate condition as u can see to which i endevour to keep it that way. I have bought a pack rack kit as i enjoy 2 up riding with the missus & the CBR has proven to be an awesome bike for this.

Just though i should say high as i have been snooping about & downloaded a heap of workshop manuals from this site as i am partial to the odd bit of 'tinkering in the shed'

Great site, heaps of friendly help & info here

Here is a pitchure. I have a better pic but washing is in background & i'm shure you don't want to see skidz on my undies !

[IMG]local://upfiles/29771/8222087BFACE4661BDF05805C14F28D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Default RE: Hello, new to the site

just like to say welcome the the best forum on the net an hope you enjoy it as much as i do. very clean bike bro an there alot of the 1000f guys on here. you can check out that section of the forum under the home page an scroll done.

also beat the welcome team again hahahaha

Old 11-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Hi

Nice looking bike and welcome from a fellow 'newbie', I have just got a 91 CBR1000F-L. I assume the skiddies were not related to riding the CBR?

Fred (Essex, UK)

Old 11-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Hey welcome to the Cbr Canes country

I also have an 88 but in black and red i must say blue and quite is quite awesome too. Yes we have a lot of manuals, but we are starting to know theses bikes more than the mechanic at the Honda dealers.

Oh by the way Keep your bike clean or Shadow1 will notice !

Welcome oh by the way you lucky bums down under it is starting to be summer there, us snow will be on it's way soon...

Old 11-08-2008, 03:53 PM

welcome my fellow Caner...

Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 PM

Welcome mrchips.

What part of the country are you from??

This site is a gold mine of Knowledge with alot of fun thrown in... Especially from our mate Classic across the ditch... ( He's pretty harmless..)

Enjoy the site, i've learnt plenty and still find new stuff each day...

Cheers,
Barry.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:18 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Yup, skiddies the first day i got her - Lets just say.... take your hand off the throttle when you have a sneezing fit mid corner on these things.. very, very touchy throttle !

Well i just don't see many of these old CBR's around these parts & i shure as hell didn't realise there where so many variants untill i found this site.

DragonCBR, we are extremely fortunate here in New Zealand as 1) summer is basically here & 2) winter around these parts aint so bad either, just gets a bit colder but still o.k. to ride.
Don't worry, shadow1 would be hard to fault my old girl as she's just had a wax & polish so he'd probably be blinded by the sprakle & reflection at the moment !

CBRclassic, i just love the look of your 89 there.. that is one beautifull piece of machinery.

Hey there Barry, i see you are from Napier. Been up that way quite a few times, will hopefully go for trip on the CBR through your way over christmass break. I live in 'windy' Wellington where its not uncommon to get winds up to 140 km/hr... i tell you one thing, it's bloody great riding a heavy bike here.. it shure helps to keep you upright in the wind gusts !

cheers guys.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello again !
Nice colour scheme !
And yes, I would notice if it was dirty, but I only tell MarkR to wash his bike.....he he Sometimes Classic too !
I wasn't sleeping either (I never sleep) - had a radio link meltdown, had to reformat my tin can, lost all the links, passwords, the lot !

Good to have you with us.Glad the manuals were of some use. I have loads of links to manuals for old bikes like Ariel, Indian, H-D if you ever need them, shout.

Quick Reply: Hello, new to the site