CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Greetings felow huricane owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings felow huricane owners

Hello
One month ago due to a friend's advice I discovered this forum. One week later I bought a 1000F. what can I say? WOW superb bike! It's from 1996 has about 27.000 km and I am one extremly happy rider. Had some sport bikes before (gsxr 1000 '99, zx9r '98, yzf r1 '02 etc) but this is the only bike that makes me happy.
Anyway, from the point of view of a guy that rode almost all other brands but Honda till this day, indeed I find King Honda the BEST. Well thought, good engineering, and my opinion (as a harley / custom mechanick) is that these guys realy give full atention to all posible details, parts, functionbility soo on.
Back to huricane, indeed the ratle of the timing chain caused by tensioner is driving me nuts, when engine cold, but never the less i still hear some ratleing about 3000 to 2000 rpm when engine is braking. Could it be also the chain? or maybe valves need some adjusting?!
I intend to take a look at the head of the motor by taking of the cover, cheking things up on next overhaull. Till then many km per day as posible.
By the way I am from Romania but I work and live in Portugal for more then 3 years.
I read the entire forum before buying the bike, well done to everybody, indeed a serious forum where people help eachother! I like that and hope I can return the favor.
Till then best of luck lots of milage and always keep at least one wheel on the ground!
p.s here are some pics of my beloved... https://cbrforum.com/m_169055/tm.htm
p.p.s I intend to install an alarm. Can anyone give me any sugestions? brands, model? prices etc? Thank you for any posts

Old 11-05-2006, 05:27 AM
Default RE: Greetings felow huricane owners

Welcome !

Being a Harely mechanic you can feel quite confident, you have more experience in fixing things than needed for the Hurricane

Old 11-05-2006, 09:53 AM

Just curious, what do your work mates think of your bike choices?

Old 11-05-2006, 01:25 PM

To be honest, I don’t care for a second what others may think of my bike choices; most people living outside institutions have to make their own choices anyway and live with them for good or bad. Luckily, there are several work friends solidly interested in and also having bikes. The scale varies from simple mopeds, Suzuki Intruder VS1400 and Harley's, via Suzuki Cavalcade (GW-type bike), Vstrom 1000 CC, SV650, African Twin and other different bikes like Bandit 1200 and Vmax etc. I'm the silly one having a hyper-tourer and a sport bike and I feel some are a little surprised when I come back after a track day without broken bones. I've told them that it will come though. There are no negative vibs in the air, so I guess people don’t have any problem about others doing. Of course there should be a few who must be negative to others, trying to build some virtual self-confidence as in any population, but in case they exist they keep a low profile. A very common comment is that people becomes interested in bikes seeing other having one, but normally they tends to want a cruiser for pleasure, and to keep the risks related to high performance bikes down.

Long answer, must be thinking slow...

Old 11-05-2006, 04:23 PM

I'm sure it's different in Sweden. There are tons of Harley fanatics in the U.S. who believe buying any other kind of bike is nothing short of treason. Check out this website - it's hilarious. http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/main.htm