CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Got a Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:43 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies guy's will check everything that's been mentioned in the morning it's f*ckin freezin tonight so I'm not going in the garage untill the sun's warmed things up a bit!

Will keep you updated on what I find , thanks again

Old 04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue with mine, but I have noticed that if I shift into a higher gear then it goes away entirely...if the motor is slowing mine down then I get the wobble...cumulative just like you. no idea what it is...my tires are new and air is dead on, but normally I tend to think about the rear end...if there is something amiss on the rear then it will translate into a front wobble as well...maybe check your rear wheel weights.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM

So went all over the front end this morning , tyre is perfect as far as I can tell no signs of damage/uneven wear , no detectable play in the front wheel bearing , balancing weights still on the rim and no notchyness or play in the headstock bearings . However the breaks were dragging ever so slightly , so realigned the front axle and forks .

Took her out for a test run and she seems to be back to her old self as far as the short test ride is concerned , rode the entire length of the hill I live on with no hands and no suggestion of a wobble , will go out later for a longer ride just to check and a great excuse for a ride

Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 AM

I'll see what it's like after a longer ride before I give her the all clear though Steve , just literally took her for a blast around the block about 2 miles so this evening will be the real test . Can't get out till then and the roads are too busy to enjoy now anyway , let the rush-hour traffic die off.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Just took her out for a decent run and she seems to be OK I think the slight misalignment of the breaks was causing the wobble but I'll check the wheel alignment just to be sure . Thanks for the heads-up Nevada

Quick Reply: Got a Wobble