CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Got a Wobble (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/got-wobble-92436/)

hawkwind 04-28-2009 03:40 PM

Got a Wobble

OK , I was out for a spin this evening great ride everything A OK .

Now I'm in the habit sometimes of when on a slow strait coming into a village I'll sit back and ride with no hands just for a short stretch , maybe a bit longer if its downhill .
When I did it this time I got a wobble from the front handlebars , the moment I held them it stopped . Tried it a few times on the way home and it gets worse the longer I leave it and as the bike slows down , it's like the wobble 'accumulates' if you get what I mean.

The headstock bearings seem nice and smooth from full lock to full lock , no notchy-ness so I'm thinking maybe the front wheel bearings?

Apart from the symptoms described the bike rides great.

Anyone know what it could be?

Harry_T_Hamster 04-28-2009 04:03 PM

I dont think its electrical - I think you hit the nail right on the head !

Maybe your tyre - but I would bet bearing - noone ever changes them often enough - including me lol

hawkwind 04-28-2009 04:17 PM

Thanks for the answer Harry , surprising how quickly this appeared , I live on a hill and ride down the hill with no hands virtually every time I go out , so it came on quite suddenly:eek:

mikekop 04-28-2009 04:19 PM

First, rebalance your frontwheel, if that doesn't help, change the tire. Ofcourse, you can check the bearing, but I don't think that's the problem.

hawkwind 04-28-2009 04:31 PM

The front tyre was changed about 2 months ago and balanced . The balance weight is still there on the rim so that should be OK and nothing has happened to the tyre so that should be OK too?

Harry_T_Hamster 04-28-2009 04:34 PM

How are your discs? any pulse when you break ?

hawkwind 04-28-2009 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harry_T_Hamster (Post 777219)
How are your discs? any pulse when you break ?

Discs are fine no pulsing or anything else abnormal.

mikekop 04-28-2009 05:10 PM

I have to ask... Airpressure?

CBRclassic 04-28-2009 05:16 PM

Hawk...
Before you go ripping stuff apart...
If you have not got stands , whack her up on the center stand and get yu misses to sit way back on the rear of the seat and get the front off the ground..

Spin the wheel mate and study it for ANY weird movement or un evenness in the tire... yu have to look close at the tread as she spins:D
It is amazing how even new tires can have little wobbles in them from new ? or imperfections in the tread..

Yu can have a feel of the bearings while she is up too...grab the wheel top and bottom , push and pull on both and try to make her move... if you have any movement in the bearing or she make's tiny crunchy noises , they are dead..

I also would double check Airpressure?

Harry_T_Hamster 04-28-2009 05:22 PM

Drunk ?