CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   GAS LEAKING ISSUE Help!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/gas-leaking-issue-help-126871/)

ThaBrock 06-12-2011 11:56 PM

GAS LEAKING ISSUE Help!!!

Hey, just got a gem yesterday. Found out why he parked it for a year and called it quits.
The Fuel joint pipe between 1 and 2 carbs LOOKs to be repaired with plumbers putty!!! LOL!!!

Does anyone recommend a fix or can you point me to where i can purchase new o rings.

jarvid 06-13-2011 01:43 AM

If you only need o-rings you could get them from your local dealer or check out one of the 'Fiche' listings in WORKSHOP MANUALS and buy direct from them...www.mrcycles.com seems to usually be the cheapest of the 3 listed, I usually check all 3.

kiwi TK 06-13-2011 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by ThaBrock (Post 1066689)
The Fuel joint pipe between 1 and 2 carbs LOOKs to be repaired with plumbers putty!!! LOL!!!

And your issue is?

I think if you check with CBRClassic you will find this is the recommended fix for things that leak.

TimBucTwo 06-13-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK (Post 1066731)
I think if you check with CBRClassic you will find this is the recommended fix for things that leak.

No, I think he recommends putty for the tire valves. For a leak of this magnitude I think he recommends that you ride the crap out of it and let the dirt fill it in.

MadHattr059 06-13-2011 05:43 PM

MR Cycles is the bomb! They have everything stock, IN stock. Reasonable prices for OEM as well.
A lot of after-market, too.

Ern

Sprock 06-13-2011 09:27 PM

I have had great luck with cheapcycleparts.com myself too

ThaBrock 06-14-2011 02:22 PM

LOL @ you smarta$$e$. I made a executive decision today.
(brother talked me into it) With what I have invested so far I can afford to have the professionals fix it up for me. (sometimes the boy says things that make sense)

I know I know, these shops have monkys running the place and gorillas doing the work BUT, I have been shopping in their store for sometime (kinda casing the place). From the looks of the shop area and the back story... Im gonna trust that they will do me right. Kinetic Playground is the name of the shop here in Tulsa. The website looks like they specialize in Hondas since the owner had a dealership once.

MadHattr059 06-16-2011 05:49 AM

KP as a good reputation in T-town so I don't think you'll go wrong using them.
Nice folks, clean shop what's not to love. ;-)

By the way, when you get your scooter back, interested in hooking up for a ride? I live in the 31st and Sheridan area. Mostly ride the week-ends since I have to drive a company truck during the week. Post me if you're interested.

Ern

TimBucTwo 06-16-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ThaBrock (Post 1067327)
With what I have invested so far I can afford to have the professionals fix it up for me.

A penny saved is a penny earned. You can save money by doing the job yourself. It's not hard to do, just your time. $75/hr. errrr no thanks. You will need the extra cash for the tires you will need when you burn these off.

ThaBrock 06-16-2011 06:42 PM

no thanks...

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo (Post 1068223)
A penny saved is a penny earned. You can save money by doing the job yourself. It's not hard to do, just your time. $75/hr. errrr no thanks. You will need the extra cash for the tires you will need when you burn these off.

I know what you mean. I've been wrenching on another bike for almost a year. Had fun learning but now Im mentally drained from working on bikes.
When I get it back from the shop, I will be able to keep up with all the work. I just need a break from the tedious carb work that it will need. I bought a fixer upper but don't want to be the fixer this time. LOL